Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Just to inform you what's new around SZ. Some of these aren't necessarily new and can often be found in the announcement table, but I figured it'd be helpful to bring these things up to everyone's attention.

Hangman Challenge #1 is still going on. The contest itself is fairly self explanatory: it's hangman and it's addictive.

SZ Contest Winner Sig...Contest -- we all want recognition for winning these things, and the best way to do so is through large, flashy, overly obnoxious signatures. Submit your entry and the Studio will use your work as a template for all future contests.

Name the Game, vol. 2 is up. A reboot to the original Name the Game which overflowed to almost 150 rounds. You can now win SZ points by participating through trading in NtG points. Details inside.

• Caption Contests -- one isn't currently up at the moment, but they're still going and with good reason. With a selection of prizes and points to choose from, if you have something funny to say, say it dammit!

• Achievements -- coming soon. Similar to Xbox Live, you'll soon be able to get points for posting tasks around the Studio. We're looking forward to this so be on the lookout when we get it set up.

• Points -- not everyone's been cashing in their points yet, and we think it's due to some confusion. A new points thread will be up explaining what you can get and how you can get it through the point system.

• Advertising -- the community made an extravaganza of sigs while this place was closed, but I get the feeling that not many of them were actually used. We'd appreciate any form of advertising on other places you visit: a link, a sig image, whatever works really. It's necessary to get the word out.

• Questions/Comments/Suggestions -- The release of a brand new skin doesn't mean we're done completely. If you have ideas to fix up the place, graphical, coding, contests, whatever, give a shout out and share them.

That about sums it up for now.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
:D Nice organisation.

But yeah, we needs moar activity!

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
We are getting good enough activity I'd say - it'll take a bit to get an upward slope.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Ess Ohh Avatar
• Points -- not everyone's been cashing in their points yet, and we think it's due to some confusion. A new points thread will be up explaining what you can get and how you can get it through the point system.

For real.. ? How can the current FAQ section for this not be easy to understand lol. Seriously.
The only thing you really need to add to it, is some new items to buy, and stuff people can afford. I've got quite a lot of points yet not 'many' compared to prices of most :o
Plus, 6 items isn't many to choose from. =P

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Stinky666 Avatar
I've got quite a lot of points

I think my points are broken. :o

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
stop breakin your points

Maybe not confusion...misunderstanding on how to spend them. More purchase ideas would probably improve the aspect.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
hotshot, I think yours are right... :P

If you have suggestions for other things to purchase, than let me know. The points are not supposed to be easy to obtain... maybe it is a bit difficult as is, but they aren't supposed to be easy.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Ha I know Chris. I was just playing around. :P

Well it is almost Christmas season. Chris should buy Teddy Bears and sell them for 5 points each! :D

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
When is this point guide thing going to be up?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar
When is this point guide thing going to be up?

It'll probably be a few days unfortunately. Most of the staff have been busy with school recently and some didn't get off early for Thanksgiving break.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Yeah should be pretty soon. Unless someone else beats me to it I'll have it up in the next couple of days (probably tomorrow but let's give my procrastination a little space).

newBookmarkLockedFalling