Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
It's been a while since we've had a major announcement, so after some careful discussion in our house legislature, we've decided to pass a bill with the members of SZ in mind.

So, on to what's new.

There haven't been many completed achievement packs, but we figured we should still give you guys a little more variety for stuff to do on the forum. Thus, after some deliberation, we've created 2 additional packs, bringing the total number up to 5.

Achievement Pack 4: We Are the Champions
(10 points per item; 75 for completion)

1. [That's What She Said] — Win a caption contest
2. — Win a hangman contest
3. [Gaming Enthusiast] — Earn 20 points in Name the Game
4. [Trophy Wife] — Win one of Studio Zero's annual awards
5. [Blue Ribbon Winner] — Win a contest other than the ones specified in this pack

Achievement Pack 5: I Got Posting Fever
(12 points per item; 60 for completion)

1. [The Mad Spammer] — Create 15 posts in 24 hours
2. [Enough to Knit a Sweater] — Create 5 threads in one day
3. [Activity Through Diversity] — Have at least one post in every single board, including sub-boards
4. — Acquire 2000 posts
5. — Become one of the top 30 posters on the "top posters" page

These and the other achievements can always be found in the Points and Achievements FAQ.

Also, with the new packs come achievement images. Up until this point your hard work was simply displayed on dull, plain text. To spice things up a little, we've added images based on achievement description. Take a look at someone's profile, you'll see what I mean.

But wait! New to Studio Zero are Hidden Achievements. The name is really self-explanatory, and they're basically what you'd think. There are new achievements floating around out there that will remain unspecified until someone discovers them. The staff won't disclose them, but they do exist, and you might just see one of them pop up in someone's profile. The name might give a hint, but otherwise it's up to you to find out what they are and complete the requirements. Since these are so rare, you can be sure they'll be rewarded with extra points and other good prizes. Hidden achievements can be distinguised from regular achievements by the [brackets] around the achievement name.

And to get some money circulating in the economy, we can tell you that The Shop has undergone a few modifications as of late. We realize that there aren't exactly a huge amount of points being spent, so we've diversified the purchase items a little bit. We'd like some input since there's only so much a few people can come up with, so if there's something you want to see, be sure to let us know. One of the new items includes getting users to join your custom member group for points, so check it out.

Another special offer: the contest pack also reminded us that we've had a bit of trouble maintaining our current forum competitions. So two new contests have been created in addition to the one we already have up now:

Caption Contest #4 -- the caption contest you know and love is back after a short hiatus
You Searched WHAT?! -- the lovechild of 20 questions and NWS images
Hurt or Heal Character Battle -- kill off or save your own fan favorites

I'm SO and I approve this message.

Last Edit: Feb 12, 2009 3:36:37 GMT by Ess Ohh

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Stop stealing my achievement ideas! Haha. Seriously, just put the whole code to a standstill.

You all may think I'm crazy but Chris will know what I'm talking about.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Haha. We didn't steal your ideas... you stole ours! :P But yeah, we've had quite a few sitting around for a while... so who knows. *shrugs*

But yeah, hopefully this stimulus package works. :P

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I like the images! :D

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Chris you didn't even give me all my achievements and points yet! =(

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Michael Avatar
I like the images! :D

Thanks. That's a relief since i wasn't terribly thrilled with a couple of them!

crazynarutard Avatar
Chris you didn't even give me all my achievements and points yet! =(

You're supposed to PM him when you get an achievement, silly!
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I don't automatically give EVERYONE their achievements. :P You do gotta PM me.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Chris Avatar
I don't automatically give EVERYONE their achievements. :P You do gotta PM me.

Wait.. I thought that as a God, you were supposed to do that stuff... for us?
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Chris told me to suggest to SO to lower the prices in the shop. (the colored name one especially -cough-)

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
crazynarutard Avatar
Chris told me to suggest to SO to lower the prices in the shop. (the colored name one especially -cough-)
All of them! ^_^

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Forgot to mention, but you reminded me that I actually did cut prices, on pretty much all the items iirc except for the last one

things have never been cheaper. you just need to get more points. I'm also surprised that Chris gives out achievements without people asking him. I don't bother unless someone PMs me :P

Btw, credit goes to Rubber Ducky for the custom member group idea. You basically get points for having people join your group which is pretty neat

richardgary1223
Wait! i made 15 posts in 24 hours... why hasn't the points been added?

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
richardgary1223 Avatar
Feb 16, 2009 14:57:46 GMT @richardgary1223 said:

I might have to make a separate topic about this. :P The point system isn't automatic, it's added manually. Thus it's the user's obligation to prove that they earned the achievement, so you need to PM proof to an admin before the rewards are added to your profile.

When you think about it, it would be pretty hard to check everyone's last 15 posts all the time to award them that achievement.

Last Edit: Feb 16, 2009 18:07:23 GMT by Ess Ohh

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Ess Ohh Avatar
richardgary1223 Avatar
Feb 16, 2009 14:57:46 GMT @richardgary1223 said:

I might have to make a separate topic about this. :P The point system isn't automatic, it's added manually. Thus it's the user's obligation to prove that they earned the achievement, so you need to PM proof to an admin before the rewards are added to your profile.

When you think about it, it would be pretty hard to check everyone's last 15 posts all the time to award them that achievement.

User Profile > view last 15 posts

Or Chris can make a simple code using cookies =P
=P

Last Edit: Feb 16, 2009 18:23:45 GMT by crazynarutard

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
As far as PMing, can we just say I got 15 posts as of blah blah, and you can check the search engine?

exactly how do we say it?

newBookmarkLockedFalling