Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Not painful at all! :)

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Michael Avatar
Do you have unlimited domains/subdomains?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Like I said, I just gave up after encountering some problems. :P

As for templating... I used my own for a while. Something like this. But then I started using Smarty. Not really too big of a deal to me and works fine.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Chris Avatar
Like I said, I just gave up after encountering some problems. :P

As for templating... I used my own for a while. Something like this. But then I started using Smarty. Not really too big of a deal to me and works fine.
Well, working by yourself Smarty isn't that big of a deal. But when you work with co-employees who don't know programming but know HTML, it can get a little complex. At both of my workplaces the system is just to use basic PHP for tags. No additional languages for programmers or designers.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That makes sense... but honestly, if they know HTML, Smarty isn't too hard to learn... It's not really an additional programming language.

{foreach from=$loop item=item}
{$item.data}
{/foreach}

If they had troubles with that, I'd be concerned. Explain it to them. It's really simple. "This loops through all the data in $loop and outputs it in the format you want." :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Chris Avatar
That makes sense... but honestly, if they know HTML, Smarty isn't too hard to learn... It's not really an additional programming language.

{foreach from=$loop item=item}
{$item.data}
{/foreach}

If they had troubles with that, I'd be concerned. Explain it to them. It's really simple. "This loops through all the data in $loop and outputs it in the format you want." :P
Yeah, but the additional parsing isn't really worth it when you have this already built in:

<?php foreach($item in $loop): ?>
<?php echo $item['data']; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>

And I agree it's not really another programming language, but it is another language. It's another syntax to remember.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Eric Avatar
Michael Avatar

Yes, why? :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Michael Avatar
Eric Avatar

Yes, why? :P
Just wondering if your solution was a massive number of directories as well, or whether it was a massive number of subs.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Eric Avatar
Just wondering if your solution was a massive number of directories as well, or whether it was a massive number of subs.
I have a test subdomain [test.wrighty.info] that I use for everything that I test. All things are then put in their own directory in there etc.. :)

Other than that - that's how I do it! :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling