Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Due to recent issues with RipWay and losing about 100 premades, some of the staff have decided to implement a new policy. It's summarized as follows:

If a member submits a template or premade that is ONLY hosted on RipWay, a member of the staff will download a backup of the premade. This download will be uploaded and used as a mirror IF the file is no longer downloadable from RipWay.

So, basically, if the file gets deleted off RipWay, a member of the staff (most likely me) will have a copy of the file so that we can restore the download.

If you don't like this policy, just use a different host. There are tons of free file hosts to use. :)

I'll leave this thread unlocked for discussion purposes.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I guess this is mostly my fault. Sorry if so. But I did fix most stuff.
Perhaps supply a nice "list of 10" hosts that are free for people.
I know when I uploaded those, I didn't know of others besides ripway.

wimg.co.uk - hosts upto 10mb
megaupload.com - hosts upto 100mb
rapidshare.com - 200mb
mediafire.com - hosts upto 100mb

richardgary1223
Mediafire is good in the long term. [If you want to d/l stuff continuously without having to wait for a specific amount of time].

Oh, and filefactory.com - host upto 300 mb..

;)

Last Edit: Jul 15, 2009 17:19:29 GMT by richardgary1223

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
I used to use RipWay until that started happening. Even though I know use wImg for file hosting now I still keep a back up of all of my work just in case. You never know when a site may go down or whatever and no one can ever access your stuff ever again. I went from Photobucket to Imageshack because of bandwidth issues, then from Imageshack to RipWay because of the same thing, RipWay to TinyPic because of the same issue Chris has talked about, and from TinyPic to wImg because I like how wImg has the mini url, but it also has a multi-upload.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
ifile.it/ has done me wonders for uploading.

# Guest User ~ 100MB per file
# Free Registered User ~ 250MB per file

Last Edit: Jul 15, 2009 21:06:30 GMT by Jake

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
wImg FTW! :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
uploads.roddyinnovations.com/index.php?user=upload

RI also has an upload. :P Should talk to Scorp first. I've also offered in the past to host any and every resource/tutorial you guys want, as long as it's posted on SZ. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
www.filedropper.com/

Up to 5GB per file. The end.

richardgary1223
Matt Avatar
www.filedropper.com/

Up to 5GB per file. The end.

wow. Nice find. xD ! :D

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris, you should just place an outright ban on sites such as Ripway and Rapidshare from here on out. Probably Megaupload too. Ripway has severe bandwidth issues. Rapidshare and Megaupload both delete their files if they haven't been downloaded for 7 days. Just recommend sites like Mediafire.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Josh Avatar
Chris, you should just place an outright ban on sites such as Ripway and Rapidshare from here on out. Probably Megaupload too. Ripway has severe bandwidth issues. Rapidshare and Megaupload both delete their files if they haven't been downloaded for 7 days. Just recommend sites like Mediafire.

I believe RS = 30days, not 7days. Big difference.
Not sure about other people, but I own a premium for 6months, so my files wont be deleted at least for that amount of time. But I will continue to use RS premium, so my stuff is safe indefinitely.

Last Edit: Jul 16, 2009 20:57:51 GMT by Stinky666

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
A ban sounds good.

I know of another forum that has done that - they only allow links from 6 or so places ... wImg being one of them! ;D :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Stinky666 Avatar
Josh Avatar

I believe RS = 30days, not 7days. Big difference.
Not sure about other people, but I own a premium for 6months, so my files wont be deleted at least for that amount of time. But I will continue to use RS premium, so my stuff is safe indefinitely.

It used to be 7, they must have changed it

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Actually, I am wrong too:

90days not 30. Much better than the 30, or the 7 lol.
No clue abotu MU, and I cant be bothered looking =P

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Michael Avatar
A ban sounds good.

I know of another forum that has done that - they only allow links from 6 or so places ... wImg being one of them! ;D :P

I seriously don't see what's wrong with MU or RS.
Both are reliable sites for hosting.
It was just that stupid one that I'm up for banning, which is SendSpace. They delete stuff after a few days of no downloads. It was/is ridiculous.
Not sure if that place still exists tbh. Haven't seen SS links around for ages :o

newBookmarkLockedFalling