Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
why is this in the shop? just wondering....

i am saving up for a few things...one is a colored name

Custom codes that bypass the coding restriction of the requests board is one of the shop items. :) So, naturally, discussion about it would be allowed here.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
oh i hadn't seen that before
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Chris Avatar
Quacker Jack Avatar

Is there such thing as a free Php host that you know of? If so, please link me up. If not, I might ask a friend if I can use his domain.

Not one that would allow that much offsite linking. :P Talk with your friend and get back to me. If you prefer discussion via PM, just let me know.

MSN will do. I will try and get to you about this in 1 week.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
Chris Avatar

Not one that would allow that much offsite linking. :P Talk with your friend and get back to me. If you prefer discussion via PM, just let me know.

MSN will do. I will try and get to you about this in 1 week.

kk. I'd prefer to have this done next week while I have free time if possible. :)

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Chris, I discussed with this with my friend. He's going to give me a sub domain for this. Believe this has PHP and MySQL. Will that work?

So, let me get this straight - I am getting a points code (easy to rename) with a donate feature as well as a log. I have a concept coming underway - do you need to have a look in order to code the donate button? Or nah?

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Hey chris if i was to buy a permanent place in the aff table that would mean my forum didn't have to have 10,000 posts rite?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
Hey chris if i was to buy a permanent place in the aff table that would mean my forum didn't have to have 10,000 posts rite?

There are a few requirements for that one, but 10k posts would be waived. As long as the forum is "alive." When you get closer to the 750 points, just let me know and we can discuss further. :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
Chris, I discussed with this with my friend. He's going to give me a sub domain for this. Believe this has PHP and MySQL. Will that work?

So, let me get this straight - I am getting a points code (easy to rename) with a donate feature as well as a log. I have a concept coming underway - do you need to have a look in order to code the donate button? Or nah?

It works kinda like a general points request. :P I ask a few questions, get some details, and try to meet the request. At that point, we try to modify the request a bit and to what you want.

Here's my general list of questions so far:

1) Will this be used on a brand new forum or a currently active one? this will effect your work regarding current users.

2) Where do you want the donate button? Miniprofile? Main profile only? Is it a button? Is it text?

3) So, you want the "points" text to be changeable? Do you want me to add an option to give a symbol before/after? (i.e. $ before)

4) Should points always be displayed in the miniprofile or just main profile?

5) For what all will you be awarding points? I need a finalized list. (Feel free to PM.)

6) Are you using a miniprofile remodel? Main profile remodel? If so, links to the codes or a link to the forum.

All this can be sent via PM to me if you need to keep certain things secret. :)

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I sent you a PM. I answered 1-4, but 5-6 I will need to get back to you on.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
QJ, do you still want the PS point system redirected? Or can I delete it from the server? =]

Last Edit: Aug 9, 2010 16:14:10 GMT by JD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
I sent you a PM. I answered 1-4, but 5-6 I will need to get back to you on.

We'll keep it in PM for now then. :)

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Assuming Chris ensures this is finished, I think it would be best to have this forum not linger the past of *ahem*. JD though, I do want to talk to you real quick. I'll send you a PM.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
well i am closer to 750 but it seems you changed the amount yesterday....oh well back to the drawing board...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
well i am closer to 750 but it seems you changed the amount yesterday....oh well back to the drawing board...

All the prices actually need a complete rework which is coming soon. That was just one of them that was in discussion. Sorry.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
well hopefully it doesn't take to long to get the others...

Guys i advise that you don't make it to hard to get things. It really isn't easy to get points. The only reason i got so many was the descriptions. If you make it to hard to get points than none of the new people will be able to get anything.

newBookmarkLockedFalling