Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

CannibalRobotics

CannibalRobotics Avatar
wut

Official Member

June 2009
Since I joined I've noticed the Music and Video Games sub-boards and I couldn't help but wonder, why isn't there a Movies/TV(Shows) sub-board? I mean not having a TV sub-board would make sense since a lot of people don't watch TV, but movies are always freakin' awesome.

I thought maybe there wasn't one because not many people start threads about movies but then I did a bit more thinking and came up with the idea that actually having a Movie sub-board would probably generate more threads about movies since there would be an actual place to house these topics.

Now I don't believe anybody wants to just create a new board without knowing the affects so I was thinking maybe there could be a test. Like a trial run?

So that's my suggestion!

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I honestly say we change the name of the Music board and turn it into an Entertainment board. Music, Movies, TV shows, books, etc. All things entertainment except for video games since, somehow, SO has managed to turn that board into a viable board.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I personally wouldn't like Movies, Tv, Music, Books etc. all in one board/subboard.
It's really unorgranised that way and just harder to find stuff, especially since PB's search function is so shitty.

I am however, definitely up for a Movies & TV subboard, since I watch a lot of TV and Movies.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
We tried an Anime board in the way past, and it was an epic failure. If you guys want, we can give it a trial run... it can't be any less active than our music board. :P We just need to finalize what the board will actually be.

CannibalRobotics

CannibalRobotics Avatar
wut

Official Member

June 2009
I think that's cuz anime is too specific. Movies and TV however are very broad subjects in which anime can fall under. They vary in different areas and there's so many genres and channels these days, and new movies come out all the time. So there would always be something new to talk about.

But yes, a trial should definitely be run.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I want to get a few more supporters/opinions before we consider this. (Even then, I want to talk it over with the staff briefly.)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I agree with josh. Entertainment board.
k

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
I agree with josh. Entertainment board.

Thirded. :D

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
TV sounds cool. Not much of a movie nut anymore, but I do watch my fair share of TV(Mostly the news.)
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
There's no point in a TV board if it's gonna be about news. Make it a fucking news board.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Conor Avatar
There's no point in a TV board if it's gonna be about news. Make it a fucking news board.

Yes, because a TV and Movie board wouldn't have any dicussions about movies you just saw, last night's episode of Lost, etc., right?

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Josh Avatar
Conor Avatar

Yes, because a TV and Movie board wouldn't have any dicussions about movies you just saw, last night's episode of Lost, etc., right?

No Noob, dos gu in ta nooz burd!

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
Well, I do also watch House, Bones, Mental, Lie to Me, Sarah Corner, and Two and Half Man other then the news if they aren't repeats.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
the idea of the board Sounds good, rather is movie/tv or all in one deal

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Jesse Avatar
Well, I do also watch House, Bones, Mental, Lie to Me, Sarah Corner, and Two and Half Man other then the news if they aren't repeats.

SCC, Bones, Lie To Me = Win.
By Mental, I'm not sure if you meant The Mentalist, if so, then that show is also win =D

The ones I watch of those, they start new seasons in September woot.

newBookmarkLockedFalling