Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'm back again. So let's get started.

Achievement Pack 2: I Support the Studio
(7 points per item; 20 for completion)

1. [I'm a helper! ^-^] — Help the Studio by filling a basic code, code support, graphics, or skin request
2. [Contribution Received] — Submit a resource to the Studio
3. [Orkin Man] — Report any bug/glitch in the Feedback and Suggestions board; completed when the bug is fixed
4. [Studio Member] — Achieve a post count of 500 or higher
5. [Critique Extraordinaire] — Fully review 10 items in the Personal Showcase board

2.1) I'm a helper! ^-^
So, if you're not a graphically talented or coding person, this one might be slightly more difficult for you. But here's the easy solution: code requests. "Filling" a code request can include linking someone to an already existent code they just overlooked. That fills this request. Also, you can easily get a code support one as well. If the solution is as simple as "switch the order of the codes," you're set. It's not recommended to try if you don't know if it'll fix it, but it can't hurt to suggest it sometimes. Use judgment there though.

2.2) Contribution Received
This is another one that might seem difficult if you don't have graphics or coding skills, but really, it's not too terrible. There's a few easy ways to get this. For one, sometimes people will let you repost their resources if you ask. This COMPLETELY counts, as long as the resource is excepted. The staff tend to be stingy on that. Another option are writing Articles. Articles do indeed count as submitting a resource to the Studio. In fact, that's one of the easiest ways to get this achievement if you enjoy some writing. Just view the stickies in this board for more information on submitting them.

2.3) Orkin Man
Finding a bug to report can be a little bit tricky. However, here's a few tips to follow:

1) Try to use browsers OTHER than the latest version of Firefox. I do most of my testing in the latest version of Firefox (currently 3.5), thus my beta testers and I might miss a glitch in another browser. Good ones to try are the latest versions of IE, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari. Those are the only ones I offer full support for typically.

2) From time to time, I'll release updates and new features. This is the best time to go bug hunting. If it's a brand new script or a modification to an existing one, bugs are much more likely to exist than 6 months after its release.

3) Try to use the less popular skins. I tend to forget to check things in other skins and try to leave that up to my beta testers. However, this sometimes is problematic so some new feature might not work in every version.

These tips should hopefully help you find a bug. Most of them are logic if you think about it, but it never hurts to mention them.

2.4) Studio Member
Getting 500 posts may seem daunting, but it's a task that quite a few people have done. The trick is, once again, dedication. You're most likely to get this achievement on accident. Just keep posting and trying to get other achievements, and eventually this one will come your way.

2.5) Critique Extraordinaire
Of the entire pack, this one can be the most difficult. I, and SO as well should be, very strict on what counts for you having "fully review[ed]" an item in the showcase board. Basically, as a guideline, your post should be at least 200 words long, contain one thing you like, one thing you dislike, and the general feel you get from the template. Those are good guidelines for having it be "fully review[ed]" in status. Now you just need to do this 10 times, while keeping track of the posts. This is one of the few achievements you need to claim yourself.

Anyways, that's it for this quick pack walkthrough. Still an easy pack in comparison. Next pack I get to discuss strategies for rickrolling staff members. Gasp. =o

richardgary1223
Thanks man... :D

Hard work, I guess. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
:P For writing this or getting the achievements?

richardgary1223
For writing this.. :P

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Get to how to get Hiddens already!

Since you are taking forever, I am going to do #3 for you. :P

EDIT: Wait. I can't. :o ???

Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 15:42:26 GMT by Quacker Jack

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
:P Articles must be submitted. And I've had delays because of other projects and life.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Chris Avatar
:P Articles must be submitted. And I've had delays because of other projects and life.

.... where?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006

... Really? Because there isn't an FAQ for the articles board or anything...

forum.sz-ex.com/index.cgi?board=article&action=display&thread=5764

:P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Benjamin Avatar

... Really? Because there isn't an FAQ for the articles board or anything...

forum.sz-ex.com/index.cgi?board=article&action=display&thread=5764

:P

:-[ my bad. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling