Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Ok, so I am sure many of you have heard of Avatar. Avatar is James Cameron's first film since he set every record imagineable with Titanic back in 1997. Just for good measure, he's also the man who created the Terminator series and directed one of the best movies of all time in T2. Not to mention True Lies and Aliens.

Anyway. Avatar is being called "Revolutionary" and the film that will make 3D movies completely commonplace. Not to mention it is said to have the greatest CGI ever witnessed in a movie.

To promote this film, Cameron and crew will be showing the greatest movie trailer of all time. On August 21, they will take over as many 3D and IMAX screens as humanly possible to show 15 minutes of the upcoming Avatar... completely free of charge.

Anyone else going to be at a theater on the 21st?

(btw, there has been no released footage yet. They showed 25 minutes at Comic-Con last night and people are raving about how awesome it was. You can read up about it on the Wikipedia page here)

Last Edit: Jul 24, 2009 15:43:24 GMT by Josh

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
If I remember correctly, the closest IMAX to me, is quick a long distance from where I live. So I wont.
However, I will wait til someone uploads it legally to a proper website as HD etc.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Stinky666 Avatar
If I remember correctly, the closest IMAX to me, is quick a long distance from where I live. So I wont.
However, I will wait til someone uploads it legally to a proper website as HD etc.

...it'll be in most theaters on at least one screen since a large majority of screens are now 3D. This movie was delayed a few years because Cameron refused to do it when there were so few 3D screens. By me, there are three large theaters within 5 miles or so. Two MJRs and an AMC. 25 of the 30 AMC screens are 3D capable and all 40 or so screens between the two MJRs are 3D. It'll likely show up at your nearest theater. :P

Btw, don't ever go to an IMAX that is inside another theater such as a Regal or AMC. ONLY go to IMAX theaters to watch films in IMAX

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
BEWARE OF IMAX LITE. TRUE IMAX IS THE ONLY IMAX. Whatever crap AMC is using does not qualify. It's a slightly larger movie screen with the same picture as a smaller one with an IMAX ticket price.

Yeah, my manager was telling me about that earlier today. After Harry Potter is dropped from theaters, there won't be an IMAX feature until Christmas Carol in November, so there's a very strong possibility that we'll be getting it (my theater uses true IMAX :P). It should be interesting. ^_^
wat

newBookmarkLockedFalling