Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
This forum has really slowed down in the last week or so. I thought it would fix itself, but hasn't.

Every page load, about half the visible screen loads, then there's a cut off for about 5-10 seconds. It's causinf an apphang in FF, then it does the Visage thing.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; jp-JP; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Haven't noticed the problem on the three computer I access SZ from, all running Fx as well

newfieldgrafix
Dunno. I checked all my harware, all green.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Zell: What OS do you use?

and this is probably caused by the way SZ's coding works. It runs in two parts... the header and then the body. The body can't run until the entire coding and forum loads, so I have it hidden until then. If you want, I can make it not hide for you?

newfieldgrafix
Vista, Ultimate.

It seems to have speeded up now though.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It was probably my host being slow and/or PB being slow.

Also, the second I saw the "V" I knew what the problem was... Vista likes to deem EVERYTHING as having an apphang if it doesn't respond/show change in like 1-2 seconds... so a loading bar could actually fix it. If it's slow again, let me know and I'll put a loading bar in as a test.

newfieldgrafix
Yup, all slowed down. As for the second V, what seemed like a good idea for the whole realtime (used loosely), seems to have become more of a blunder on Microsoft's part...

.. Click, wait, click, click - ahhhhhahaaaaaa, fade to gray...

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I haven't had the same problems as Zell, but I've noticed an obvious slowdown in load times.

newfieldgrafix
Ubuntu Linux, and Chrome. Amirite?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 14, 2010 7:37:15 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Ubuntu Linux, and Chrome. Amirite?

Who? Me?

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, you lol.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 14, 2010 8:13:43 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Yeah, you lol.

I've never used Chrome and I reverted to Vista long time ago because of issues with Ubuntu. :P

Though now that the new version is out, I'm quite tempted to give it another go...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ubuntu 10.4 bricked on my old laptop, so be careful. :P

Anyways, it all depends on your computer and internet connection. You're going to get a slightly faster load time than Zell because you live in America, not GB. :P Either way though, the apphang is beacuse it has to pause. I've disabled the preloader for you for now Zell. Tell me if you don't mind it being that way.

newfieldgrafix
I can ping NY and CH, IL at around 60-90. Currently on about 10-20MB connection, Glass Fiber, and my computer has more RAM in its graphics card than a PS3 and 360 combined.

Also, as I switched back to the SZ tab (fully loaded), it hung again.

Edit:
I know, before the line I sound like an ass. It's unintentional.

Last Edit: May 14, 2010 18:42:14 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Ping Texas (try something in the Dallas-Fort Worth area). That is where the Proboard servers are located, I believe.

newBookmarkLockedFalling