Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Wait, it hung when you switched tabs?... what skin are you using again? No skin should have that much graphics to freeze it. How often do you close Firefox? Because of memory leaks (caused by addons normally), it might be enough to freeze it. Do you have lots of tabs with YouTube open? Other flash items? Flash is notorious for stealing memory.

Either way, just things to consider. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Ubuntu 10.4 bricked on my old laptop, so be careful. :P

It's all a matter of hardware. From what I gathered, the last version wasn't good with the particular Intel processor I had, hence the random crashing. With each version, things get fixed and new things come about (such is the way of Linux). So yeah, might've been shit on your laptop, but it could work on mine.

Just sayin'. I'll stop derailing this issue.

newfieldgrafix
Josh, yeah, I was getting mixed up. Houston is about 80-120.

Chris. I know it's weird, right. Version Two.One: Ex2. It only seems to happen here. I've tried to replicate it on other forums, but no problem. I even tried to check my user scripts, but I don't have GM installed. And the only add ons I use wouldn't interfere. LinkExtend - not active on SZ, ABP disabled out of courtesy on PB, etc.

Luci, that's the best thing about Linux. Windows wants the computer to surrender... Linux can be rewritten...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
But 9.4 and 9.10 (I think it was) worked fine? :P

Anyways... I think it might be the images Zell. I'll look at it more when I get back to Omaha. Finals this upcoming week.

newfieldgrafix
Oh finals. You break a leg! As for the problem, I've enabled caching for SZ, and the problem is sort of fading.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
But 9.4 and 9.10 (I think it was) worked fine? :P

Not for my computer. That's my point. The new version might have issues with your computer and may have fixed the issues it had with mine.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
You would think they wouldn't lose backwards compatibility. You would think anyways.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
You would think they wouldn't lose backwards compatibility. You would think anyways.

As I said before, such is the nature of Linux... :P

newfieldgrafix
Chris Avatar

*Cough* Me

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Zell, there isn't a whole lot I can do if i can't reproduce the issue. :P

newfieldgrafix
I honestly don't know what's causing it. I guess it's just me.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It could be. Have you, god forbid, tried another browser?

newfieldgrafix
I have not. I have purged IE and all the other preloaded crap.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Try Chrome or Opera? :P It can't hurt to spend ten minutes trying.

newfieldgrafix
I will

newBookmarkLockedFalling