Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
I actually did not have any desire to see this at all.

I ended up watching it when my boyfriend rented it though, without having read any of the books at all. It just didn't seem interesting to me and I didn't understand what all the fuss was about.

I'd have to agree that it's a mediocre movie. I'm glad we didn't spend $20+ to see it in the theatre. I thought the whole plot was stupid... maybe it's better in the books, but it just didn't seem realistic at all to me that a community would support the killing of so many young people just for a GAME. I know it's not supposed to be completely realistic, but still... it didn't catch my interest.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
⸗April⸗ Avatar
I actually did not have any desire to see this at all.

I ended up watching it when my boyfriend rented it though, without having read any of the books at all. It just didn't seem interesting to me and I didn't understand what all the fuss was about.

I'd have to agree that it's a mediocre movie. I'm glad we didn't spend $20+ to see it in the theatre. I thought the whole plot was stupid... maybe it's better in the books, but it just didn't seem realistic at all to me that a community would support the killing of so many young people just for a GAME. I know it's not supposed to be completely realistic, but still... it didn't catch my interest.

Ironically, that's what drew me to the books. "A bunch of kids fighting and killing each other in an arena? I hate kids. Fuck yeah!" Oddly, the books were quite fantastic outside of that slightly ridiculous plot. So good you find it quite easy to overlook those somewhat obvious absurdities.

The movie still sucked, though.

newBookmarkLockedFalling