Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well guys, as the release of ProBoards version 5 approaches, it's time to get the ball rolling in terms of how Studio Zero will operate.

I'm launching the v5 Resources category. The category currently offers three things:

You'll notice three things currently:
1) A lack of content
2) No themes board.
3) No submissions board or indexes

The first is purely because I had spent most time playing, but not actively developing for v5. It's time for that to change, and I hope to knock out about 2 template mods/day for a while. (If I'm slow on ideas, it'll be just one sadly.) Plugins will be at a slower rate because, well, they aren't needed as much in v5 as codes were in v4.5. :)

The second is that we don't have a themes or premades board. Until I have members willing to submit these, I won't make a board. It'd be a dang shame to just have a blank board... so as soon as people are willing to submit themes or premades for v5, I'll make a board. (Just post here if you have themes/premades to add.)

The last thing to note is there is no submission board. For now, I will allow people to freely create new threads. If someone creates a thread in the board incorrectly, I'll move it to the correct board. Since there is no submission process, there are no indexes either yet. I'm not sure how template, theme, and plugin development will evolve in v5, so it's difficult to create a index right now... as soon as I see where everything is going, I will make one, even if it's just a post with links.

I'm open to all feedback about the current style, of course.

Last Edit: Jan 10, 2013 7:40:38 GMT by Chris

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I like the style for now. I actually like the way PBS is doing things. Normally when you post a code you get absolutely no feedback except people posting support threads cause your code is broke. If it doesn't work staff normally just either doesn't add it or deletes it. I like the way it is now where you get feedback........anyway i guess that doesn't have a ton to do with what we're doing here :P

I hope to write up a skin a bit later. Right now I am taking one of Smangii's old skins and converting it for my school so I gotta finish that first...I also want to build plugins and template mods :)

A few questions:

1. Were do you suggest we host plugins? I know you had trouble when I posted a pImg image so I don't know if I should use that and there aren't many other hosts that would support it :P Right now most of them are just attached to the post via V5 on Support for me...
2. Will Yootil be posted here at any point? I know some of my codes use it and it would be a bit counterproductive as far as advertising to send people to PBS for the plugin :P

Last Edit: Jan 10, 2013 22:03:23 GMT by Joe Kerr
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
I like the style for now. I actually like the way PBS is doing things. Normally when you post a code you get absolutely no feedback except people posting support threads cause your code is broke. If it doesn't work staff normally just either doesn't add it or deletes it. I like the way it is now where you get feedback........anyway i guess that doesn't have a ton to do with what we're doing here :P

I hope to write up a skin a bit later. Right now I am taking one of Smangii's old skins and converting it for my school so I gotta finish that first...I also want to build plugins and template mods :)

A few questions:

1. Were do you suggest we host plugins? I know you had trouble when I posted a pImg image so I don't know if I should use that and there aren't many other hosts that would support it :P Right now most of them are just attached to the post via V5 on Support for me...
2. Will Yootil be posted here at any point? I know some of my codes use it and it would be a bit counterproductive as far as advertising to send people to PBS for the plugin :P

Our database has always been open for comments for just that reason. :) However, I do think that a submission board will be necessary in the future. Right now I don't expect a huge influx of plugins to cause an issue. :P I can review them easily enough.

1) Well, I'll enable attachments in v5, so you can upload in your post then. You can also use Dropbox for sharing. Also, as was my deal with premades, if people find a way to get the plugin to me, I have absolutely no problem hosting it for them. :P

2) I will post yootil at some point. Developments will probably continue to be tracked at PBS though. =/

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I think I might just get a dropbox...how long does the free 2gb normally last you?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
I think I might just get a dropbox...how long does the free 2gb normally last you?

I'm using 7.6% of my 38.8GB. So, I'm using ~3GB right now. And that's with a LOT of stuff in there that doesn't really need to be there. :P 2GB for just plugins will work great.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Nice :)

Went to sign up, but apparently they're down right now....

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Chris, how are you going about developing the codes without a dev forum? I can cover some basics probably.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
Chris, how are you going about developing the codes without a dev forum? I can cover some basics probably.

Err... what? I have a v5 dev forum. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Question to all:

It's still possible to have headers/footers codes. Should we add a separate board for them OR should we use them in template mods OR in plugins?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Chris Avatar
Question to all:

It's still possible to have headers/footers codes. Should we add a separate board for them OR should we use them in template mods OR in plugins?

Double-edged sword.

On one hand, quick one-liners don't necessarily need a plugin... but at the same time, a plugin would keep things neatly organized.

I vote plugin.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Err, let me rephrase that. Should we have headers/footers codes (as necessary) be listed in the plugins board, template mods board, or their own board?

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Either own board or plugin, If you place them in plugin add a prefix so people know if it's a plugin or just code to add.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
crazynarutard Avatar
Either own board or plugin, If you place them in plugin add a prefix so people know if it's a plugin or just code to add.

Eventually I'm looking at plugin categories... so I was thinking they could be there own category?

Alternatively, a sub-board.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Sub Board would be good I think...most people won't be looking for them and they won't be used often so I think a sub-board under plugins would be best :)

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Joe Kerr Avatar
Sub Board would be good I think...most people won't be looking for them and they won't be used often so I think a sub-board under plugins would be best :)

This. That way they're not in the way of Plugin threads when browsing.
To be honest i don't even think I have looked at H&F on PBS.

I actually - weirdly - forgot about them. I've just been looking at and playing with temp mods, and plugins haha.

newBookmarkLockedFalling