Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I've had troubles too, where when you use the Angel Lift thingy, and you know the bits where you hit A on, to boost you? It send me in the wrong direction. :-/

Son of Sparda - what difficulty setting is that on?

Cos I had never done DMC (except demo's), I did the easiest level (got all souls, keys and doors woot) and now I am playing through on Son of Sparda.. it's actually a lot harder.

I'm sure as well, I had never thought what of those angel demons (lol whutt?) - the ones that are blue, and they have a shield. The angel weapons are so weak and take ages to break the shield in comparison to the demon weapons. Or is there some kind of secret, or best weapon/move to use for these ? :-/

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
I've had troubles too, where when you use the Angel Lift thingy, and you know the bits where you hit A on, to boost you? It send me in the wrong direction. :-/

Son of Sparda - what difficulty setting is that on?

Cos I had never done DMC (except demo's), I did the easiest level (got all souls, keys and doors woot) and now I am playing through on Son of Sparda.. it's actually a lot harder.

I'm sure as well, I had never thought what of those angel demons (lol whutt?) - the ones that are blue, and they have a shield. The angel weapons are so weak and take ages to break the shield in comparison to the demon weapons. Or is there some kind of secret, or best weapon/move to use for these ? :-/

Scythe, spin move. I can't remember the names of either, but it just wrecks shields.

And Son of Sparda is a lot harder. :P I never got around to beating Son of Sparda.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Yeah I kinda noticed how it is harder haha.
I keep using items (trigger + health).

It's those stupid dog things that annoy me, especially when there is one of both (angel and demon). A lot of the times even when I use the move that keeps them busy (Aquila - LT+B), they still do that thing where they spin towards you.

I think I am on about mission 8 or 9, maybe 10. Will do more today. In total I've played this game for over 20hrs already haha.
I think a lot of that was me searching for the souls, keys and doors (which i have completed before starting son of sparda), and I also downloaded and played Blood Palace a few times (at level 20 you get that stupid succubus, and I just couldn't get past it. I did eventually on about my 6th run through haha and died on the next boss, wave 40 - and he hardly had life left :()

Edit:
I watched some video of a guy playing Hell and Hell, or whatever difficulty it is.
And wow, he was amazing. He literally knows all the moves and can keep enemies in the air as long as HE wants. I always seem to struggle to keep them in the air. He would make them go really high by shooting them with the revenant, then attack more, then shoot again etc. If I shoot them it seemed to do bugger all, and definitely not knock them higher into the air :(

Edit 2:
Got to Blood Palace wave 60, and died quite quickly on the boss haha. I am very happy though at least :D

Last Edit: Apr 2, 2013 20:01:34 GMT by Stinky666

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I haven't played Blood Palace yet or found all the collectables. It's on my list, but someone's borrowing my game right now. :P

I really want to beat the game on Hell and Hell.... I'm just not sure I'll be able to. >.< Need to get through Son of Sparda and Heaven and Hell first. (The latter of which should be fun)

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I did heaven and hell. It's actually really simple. You can use restart checkpoint, and it gives you all 3 gold orbs back. I think it counts as a death though in your stats. I don't care about the leaderboard stats, so I wasn't bothered at all :D

The only bad thing for Heaven and Hell, in my eyes, is those stupid enemies that are inside the orbs (the women). Especially when there are other enemies with shields. I used the ebony and ivory too get kills straight away, for when they spawn. But of course then you're left with shielded enemies etc. Which are then easy enough to defeat.

Not sure what those other ninja type things are (lol), that vanish and then pop back out at you, who deflect/reflect your attacks. I used devil trigger on those and then shot them, simple as.

Thankfully the bosses also die in 1 hit.

My best wave count on Blood Palace is now 83 :D
Two fire wolves, and 2 fire shielded enemies. I beat the crap out of both wolf things, but they just would not die :(

Edit:
I've started Hell and Hell. The damn stupid flying things with shields keep getting me, whilst I try get those the other enemies get me haha.
Mission 1 down, 19 to go w00t.
I've come to realize that with the bosses, it's best to use devil trigger when you get them at a point where you can smack the hell out of them. Like the first one, he eventually falls over for a few seconds, and doesn't attack back.

I've upgraded both my health + trigger to max (got the achievement woot). So now I will play lots of blood palace to get enough to purchase lots of triggers. 26k is what I need (2k per full trigger, 1k for a small bit. I currently have 2 full ones, and 0 small. Max of 10).

I have to admit, I never usually play games on their hardest setting. But this one isn't too anger raging. Yet it's still very challenging.

Last Edit: Apr 4, 2013 3:06:07 GMT by Stinky666

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That's because 5 is much easier than 4 or 3.... specifically 3. >.<

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
OMFG!! In Hell and Hell mode, I am stuck on mission 5. There's 3 waves of enemies.
I can manage to get past the first two, but then the third has 2 tyrants, and we're in a circular room that has lots of toxic waste spilled on the floor. If I touch it evens lightly, I die.

:(

I can't even find a video to see how someone else has done it :'(

Edit:
I may give up for now, and do Dante Must Die, since you can unlock Super Dante (unlimited devil trigger), then hell and hell will be much easier haha.

Last Edit: Apr 4, 2013 11:26:14 GMT by Stinky666

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, that would be insanely hard... I almost died in that scene on Son of Sparda. :P I can only imagine.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I tried doing the above on Hell and Hell mode. I loaded up my game, and only 3 enemies spawned (usually 3 easy enemies, and 4 hell knights spawn - no hell knights spawned).

Once I killed those 3 enemies, nothing else would spawn. I even left the game for 5 - 10 minutes to see if anything would spawn or if it would just allow me to pass lol. Sadly it didn't. So I started Dante Must Die.

I can see the bosses are going to be extremely tough on this one.
At least because I have everything fully upgraded, white orbs now count as red orbs, so I get more to spend for Large Vital + Large Devil trigger.

On DMD, the enemies end up having this weird mist thing on them, that makes them somewhat immune to your attacks. Not immune that they don't get hurt, but immune that you hitting them doesn't stop them from hitting you and you can't knock them into the air etc :o
This happens when you almost have killed them, it appears.

I am currently on Under Siege (Succubus Boss) mission. I hate that boss on easy and in Bloody palace, can't imagine it in dante must die :(

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
I tried doing the above on Hell and Hell mode. I loaded up my game, and only 3 enemies spawned (usually 3 easy enemies, and 4 hell knights spawn - no hell knights spawned).

Once I killed those 3 enemies, nothing else would spawn. I even left the game for 5 - 10 minutes to see if anything would spawn or if it would just allow me to pass lol. Sadly it didn't. So I started Dante Must Die.

I can see the bosses are going to be extremely tough on this one.
At least because I have everything fully upgraded, white orbs now count as red orbs, so I get more to spend for Large Vital + Large Devil trigger.

On DMD, the enemies end up having this weird mist thing on them, that makes them somewhat immune to your attacks. Not immune that they don't get hurt, but immune that you hitting them doesn't stop them from hitting you and you can't knock them into the air etc :o
This happens when you almost have killed them, it appears.

I am currently on Under Siege (Succubus Boss) mission. I hate that boss on easy and in Bloody palace, can't imagine it in dante must die :(

The Succubus was the easiest boss for me. The Baby was harder than it.... The Succubus has very noticeable patterns before it spits or swipes, so you've just gotta notice them.

As for the mist... maybe if you've knocked them in the air you can keep them airborne? Probably not, but just a thought.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I completed Dante Must Die, and now I am on Vergil (last mission) on Hell and Hell mode.
I just keep dying with Vergil haha.

Dante Must Die was very easy, since you get lots of red orbs, and simply buy large devil trigger.
But yeah, I actually beat all the bosses without even taking damage and that was on both Hell and Hell + DMD mode. Luckily because they are all big enemies, they do take huge swings. The succubus was actually definitely easier. I always stood right close to it haha. The trick is to stand at the back of the platform away from it, then you can easily get it.

I've attempted vergil so far, about 10 times and I just can't do him on Hell mode :(
Not giving up though, I got this far so no way.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Vergil kicked my ass constantly in the original mode (I don't think I died, but it was a hard fight.) I'm not sure if I would have the patience to beat him.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Vergil kicked my ass constantly in the original mode (I don't think I died, but it was a hard fight.) I'm not sure if I would have the patience to beat him.

I couldn't go to bed without beating him last night. So even though I was shattered, I fought him.
Took me 37 minutes, and I restarted 21 times (I assume, cos at the end it says 21 deaths lol).

I was going to blame the fact it took so long, on my tiredness, but that actually isn't the case. That actually helped me be more alert, weirdly. The problem was, for about the first 15 games, he kept throwing the icicles at me. I'd destroy them (I'd either shoot them or go up to him and use a angel weapon (not aquila, the other lt+b)), but some times I wouldn't get to him in time, or I'd think "maybe if I don't shoot them or destroy them, but instead dodge them, he will try a different move and not keep doing this to me".. they are not easy to dodge :(

I did it though. It's weird that you don't unlock anything after completing it though. I was annoyed/gutted at that :(

New best for blood palace too: wave 100 (99, I died on 100 - that boss we fight in mission 19, before vergil).

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I got Vergil's Downfall DLC, and I gotta admit. At first it was weird getting used to his moves and such, but I really do love using him now. I have it completed on Vergil Must Die, and the others. I just need to do Hell and Hell mode. I'm currently stuck on the Boss fight. Fighting myself is very difficult :(

newBookmarkLockedFalling