Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

pawl

pawl Avatar

February 2013
So apparently I never actually got round to registering here, even though I've known about SZ for years. Figured I probably ought to change that. =]

I'm the same pawl from PBS, some of you will recognise the avatar.
For those that don't, I'm 23, English, and a ProBoards user for about 11 years. I live in Lincolnshire (read; middle of nowhere, England), and spend most of my time working as a minimum wage slave.
I'm neither a coder nor a designer, though I occasionally attempt both, with varying results. I do have both a website and a forum, although the former has been on hiatus for about 3 years, and the latter is in the process of being revamped for v5 after being dead for a couple of years. Musically I tend to gravitate towards rock and heavy metal, with the occasional bit of soul or easy listening creeping in - last.fm profile here.

There's probably some other crap I could write, but I'm bored of writing this post already, never was good with intros. Feel free to ask about anything really important that I might have missed. =P

edit; why not have a picture too. Here is my current FB profile picture. =]

Last Edit: Feb 28, 2013 20:17:42 GMT by pawl

we're talking about a revolution of sounds.
            like a whisper.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Iron Maiden shirt?

+1 for you.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I think intro threads should contain a mandatory "what I'm wearing now" clause, just so that we can get interesting discussion.

Anyways, welcome. :P I've seen you around PBS for sure (the avatar stands out.)

pawl

pawl Avatar

February 2013
Actually almost identical to the pic in my first post, haha.
Blue Adidas Sambas, blue jeans, Motorhead tour shirt, Black Sabbath hoodie. Leather jacket's about to go on when I head out the door. =P

like a whisper.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
pawl Avatar
Blue Adidas Sambas, blue jeans, Motorhead tour shirt, Black Sabbath hoodie. Leather jacket's about to go on when I head out the door. =P

This is my type of person.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
pawl Avatar

I almost think you're the same people...

Vera

Vera Avatar

Official Member

February 2013

Oh my gosh! I love that jacket your friend is wearing!!

pawl

pawl Avatar

February 2013
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I almost think you're the same people...

Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

Vera Avatar

It was a knock-off from Camden Market, and did a rather good job of dying her jeans red, haha.

like a whisper.

Vera

Vera Avatar

Official Member

February 2013

Vera Avatar

It was a knock-off from Camden Market, and did a rather good job of dying her jeans red, haha. [/quote]

Hmm.. I'm not familiar with this Camden Market anyhow, saweet. I love pictures! ;D

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
Wait, OTW is getting revamped?! Did I see that correctly?! :) I remember that place...

Welcome Pawl, nice to see you here. :D

pawl

pawl Avatar

February 2013
Vera Avatar
FUCKING QUOTES ARE BROKEN!

It's a rather large market in the middle of London. Definitely worth a day out if you're ever that way. =]

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Wait, OTW is getting revamped?! Did I see that correctly?! :) I remember that place...

I'm fairly certain I remember you from there, as it happens.
These days it's only staff (ie. anyone that's been there long enough to really count) that log in, and even then it's only a few of them. I very much doubt otw will be getting a makeover any time soon - if anything that kinda goes against what it stands for. =P

That said, when v5 hits I might make a current-v4-otw theme so that it doesn't have to change. =P

Last Edit: Mar 15, 2013 3:08:46 GMT by pawl

like a whisper.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
pawl Avatar
Vera Avatar
FUCKING QUOTES ARE BROKEN!

It's a rather large market in the middle of London. Definitely worth a day out if you're ever that way. =]

⸗April⸗ Avatar

These days it's only staff (ie. anyone that's been there long enough to really count) that log in, and even then it's only a few of them. I very much doubt otw will be getting a makeover any time soon - if anything that kinda goes against what it stands for. =P

That said, when v5 hits I might make a current-v4-otw theme so that it doesn't have to change. =P

You realize you can upgrade to v5 any time now, right?

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
pawl Avatar
⸗April⸗ Avatar

Aw, yeah I logged in randomly awhile back when I rediscovered the place. That's sad though, it was a fun place. I hate how that happens to forums from way back when.

And yeah, like Chris said, v5 has already hit. :P Sounds like you need to get moving on that theme. 8-)

pawl

pawl Avatar

February 2013
The reason I got modded at PBS was because of my v5 support help. =P However only the admin account can upgrade, and nobody there cares enough to do it. otw will stay v4.5 until it's forced, I've little doubt. =P

ed; in fact, andrew (who has the admin account) hasn't even logged in since november 2010, haha

Last Edit: Mar 17, 2013 4:04:05 GMT by pawl

like a whisper.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
pawl Avatar
The reason I got modded at PBS was because of my v5 support help. =P However only the admin account can upgrade, and nobody there cares enough to do it. otw will stay v4.5 until it's forced, I've little doubt. =P

ed; in fact, andrew (who has the admin account) hasn't even logged in since november 2010, haha

Ah, yeah, that'd be a slight issue. You can probably bug Martyn to do it for you. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling