Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

- ± T à z ²

- ± T à z ² Avatar
Tadaima!

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Written by: Taz Tetsuya
Program: Adobe Photoshop
Difficulty:
Duration 1 minute

Alright, alot of people haven't bothered to add borders, or the ones which actually you know, make the sigs look nice and tidy, he he? i guess i'll teach you how to make a simple border with ease! Theres several ways of doing it, but i'll go with the easiest way:

1/ Its best to do this after you have finished making a sig or avatar or whatever, just get your finished image, like so:

Click Here

Its best to have already saved it and then open the saved file up again.

2/ Then after you have done that, go to: Layer -> Layer Style -> Stroke.

Do the following, you can change the colour if you wish.

Click Here

3/ When you have finished all that, it should turn out something like this:

Not too bad huh? lol, Hope you enjoyed it aswell as mastered learning it!!! ^^ comments are mostly appreciated.

Last Edit: May 29, 2009 17:44:08 GMT by Chris

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I wouldn't say it's bad, but I don't know too many people who don't know how to make borders. Perhaps you could go into more detail on how to make various borer types such as tech borders or 1 px spacing in between the edge border and an inner border. So yeah, you should make an Advanced Border tut. Anyway, though this was uber simple, it was still good and did teach what it was supposed to, so:
:: rate 3 ::

Last Edit: Aug 21, 2005 7:49:25 GMT by Lucifer

- ± T à z ²

- ± T à z ² Avatar
Tadaima!

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Alrighty! to be honest i hate those hi-tech poo-ee borders. -_- But alrite! i'll get started on it today. XD

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Yes, tech borders are very trendwhore, especially for banners. But hey, it's not something everyone knows and many people would use it.

GrimReaper

GrimReaper Avatar

August 2005
I have made an action which automatically creates a 1 pixel black border on a new layer and then resets the pallette for you. Very effecicient.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
Not bad, but too simple... anyone would have figured that out... also, if you use blending options, you have to convert the image to RGB color instead of leaving it in index. Use edit>>stroke instead... Nice and simple, good job :D :: rate 3 ::

newBookmarkLockedFalling