Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Clue 1
Hidden in the depths of Studio Zero, you will find the source of this hunt. Your target is a little ball like creature. Near to this creature you will find arrows to use on this creature. After slaying the creature, find an interpreter to tell you the creature's English name.

This hint is based completely around one-word hints. The key word is "source" as in, "View Source." So, once you view the source, you're half way there. Now we move on to the rest of the clue. "a little ball like creature" and "arrows" are the most interesting part of this clue. If you viewed the source, you'll find an HTML comment (<!-- Comment -->) around a bunch of 1's and 0's. A 0? Oh my, a ball like creature. And what are 0's and 1's in that order? None other than binary. The interpreter is a binary converter. Google is your friend. Now, let's translate it for clue 2.

Clue 2
You've may have slain the creature but your journey has only begun. In the Spring of '007, one of your leaders made a feedback report in the Center of Studio Zero. Find the hidden message.

Ignoring a grammatical error, we must now dissect this clue. The first, and most obvious stand out, is the word "Center" because it's capitalized. Strange. What's the "Center" of Studio Zero? Oh, the "Convention Center"! Well, there we go. Now we have a board. Let's go find a thread that is some sort of a feedback report by a staff member in the spring months. Let's start looking. Hmm... "What do you think of...? Spring 2007" Well, it does have the right month and year AND it's asking us for an opinion, which is a form of feedback AND it's by an admin. Must be it. Hey look, another clue!

Clue 3
In the times before the legendary beginning of Studio Zero, you'll find a partner that does not belong.

What could possibly be from before the legendary beginning of Studio Zero... wait, don't skin versions start at 1? Then why is there a v0? Let's take a look at that skin... Woah, an affiliate table with banners called "Partners"? Almost too suspicious... Hey, what the? "I <3 Bees"? Ok... someone's snapped. Let's click it and take a look at it. (For more information on "I Love Bees" click here.)

Clue 4

Ok, so a different clue type this time. Yay. Let's see. A secret affair in a hangout... wait, once again "Hangout" is capitalized... which boards... ah, Coders' Hangout! Strange. It says on "this date" too, but what date... of, the paper date! Duh! November 21st/22nd 2005. (Note: We had to put both because of timezones.) Well, let's get looking. Hmm... a thread called "My Scandal"... wait, an "affair" can be scandalous. Let's take a look at that thread.

Clue 5
cddude229 said:
I have to announce that I have been having a scandal over the last... 10,000 days. I've had a secret lover that no one has known about, even them.

crazyj said:
*puts on reporter's cap and grabs a pad to write on* Oh really?

cddude229 said:
Yes. I am sorry to announce that I have been having an affair with Hechizero. We met in a place called... Joh... Jan... Jambi. That's it, Jambi. Don't look at me weird, I only just found out he had a... a... Tool. *cringes*

hechizero said:
Well, now that it's out, I have to go into hiding. Thanks. Thanks a lot, Chris. If anyone needs me, they better search where Jambi is. That is the only place I will ever be found again.

So this time it's a conversation. Well, let's take a look at it. Hmm... Hechizero tells us to search for where Jambi is. Well, let's listen to him and take advantage of PB's search feature.

Clue 6
ronanman said:
If you are reading this, you are good. No one was meant to find me here in the luxurious location of Jambi. This wasn't part of the plan. That's it. I give up. I'm leaving.

hpmad said:
Well we did. And we'll find you again. Even if you run off to some secret hidden board. If I were to go into hiding, I'd hide in somewhere like the Archives. No one ever looks in there.

He's right, no one looks in the Archives. =o Let's take a look there and see what we can find. Hmm... a thread with "Clue" in the title. Let's take a look.

Clue 7
smilee said:
You've done it. You've figured everything out. The secret password is gmscripts

Hey, yay. We're done! :D

newBookmarkLockedFalling