Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
Abstract Designing:

Article by Yami-Kun

I've been asked a few times since i became an abstract designer how i get my ideas for the pieces i create... unlike other types of designing (clean, grunge, techy, etc.. ) abstract really does only have one descriptive name for it... random... and that is what i use when creating my pieces, the randomisity of a person's character and personality tends to show more through abstract art and alot of it comes to just randomly brushing everywhere there is no set way of making abstract pieces as everyone has their own different styles as no two people are alike...

the best way i have found to get inspiration though is to look into your life... your past your future and your present... take the type of person you are and mix it all up into a picture in your mind, then aim to see that picture on the canvas. Once you have found that picture just go crazy, the whole point of abstract is to be just that... abstract. go as mental as you like and just keep going until you yourself like what you see as it is your personality going into that creation.

If you are like me and you don't stop until you like what you have then other people will like your pieces... if you stop when you think that other people like that type of work then you are making a big mistake because that means the piece no longer has the personality behind it and is basically just an image with no story, as all images play a part in your life when your an abstract designer.

I did an interview not so long ago... with an art group at a college near where i live ... the tutor their saw me as a perfect example of what abstract designing is all about and i have had great fun teaching people the basics of becoming yourself in a picture... and if we all try and do the same.. then we can all become great abstract designers

Last Edit: Jun 26, 2006 22:20:03 GMT by Chris

craz

craz Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2005
good article :) I'm getting into abstract art too :D mostly through drawing random symobls and whatnot...its lots of fun...
Ion displacement won't work in the basement
Especially when I'm not with you- Vampire Weekend

art+jams+fake+social

newBookmarkLockedFalling