Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
bakura said:
But what i don't get about it i have alot of commitments, i have full time employment, which i am a supervisor and also a staff trainer... an extremly active social life (no i don't talk to 1's and 0's.. for you who didn't get that go shoot yourself) and yet i still find alot of time to sleep eat, do things i am supposed to do and have loads of time on the net... its all about just making time for things and setting things out... ok so maybe i am not on as much as i used to be but i visit all my sites and work on them at least twice a day... if i can do it (ok so maybe i'm a robot) why does that stop other people from doing it also

Conversely to that, personally a rise in social life for me has caused me to lose interest in the internet. And as such I got bored of all the forums I went to and focused on using the internet for chatting to friends on MSN and myspace when I'm not with them.

Whilst on the matter, I really must praise myspace - yes, a website - for totally changing my life. Although at first glance it may seem sad to meet friends over the internet- having been to an all-boys' school for 5 years (which I've now finished thankfully), I was getting fed up of having no female friends, and indeed - a girlfriend. Well, since using that site I met a couple of people, and via them I've gained quite a wide network of friends from people in my area (as in, friends I see in person. Myspace was just the tool to saying hi to them, and now I see them as if I'd known them for years!)- the kind of people I'd've been friends with if I'd've chosen to go to one of the comprehensive schools here rather than the grammar one that I passed to get into. Many of the people I now know I've seen about in town before, but myspace has given me the chance to talk to them and get to know them when originally I'd've been too shy to talk to them in person without knowing them.

My life is now a lot more interesting and I'm out lots - even asked a girl out who I've been friends with for a couple of months now (she said yes) - although in a strange way I do miss the days of chatting to people on proboards forums (despite the fact I'd never meet them as real friends). I've also stopped playing counter-strike, yet I have fond memories of the half terms and other holiday time spent playing it.

That's my story, and why I've been absent from here for so long!

Last Edit: Jul 30, 2006 13:25:22 GMT by Jamie85

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
thats a real interesting point there jamie... and one i actually respect, since myself was like that a lot.

Ok so i didn't go to an all boys but i was very independant at school for the simple fact is that my friends i did have just stopped me from doing what i really needed to do in order to get me through my exams, but now i with working full time i meet loads of new people and my skills on the internet too has gained me alot of trust not only with my "clients" but my friends offline also ask me to help them with things conserning the internet.

So i can say personally the internet yes ok it has taken away a fair portion of my social life but it has also helped me regain what I personally lost and more so.

So indeed without the internet these days people would not really be able to communicate like we do at such a little cost with the rest of the world. I mean come on an international phone call is pricey, but not only that if you are still living with your parents and they don't really take to you ringing some random person up from china or africa that you haven't even met in your life, but you talk to them via forums or chat clients or messengers then there is more security in that and a lot more of personal privacy because unless you choose that person won't know what you sound like. If you meet them they will know what you look like

On the internet you have the choice to show people your faces, which in turn brings on another argument about the internet is just a fake cover up for most people.

Some of which use the internet to harm our younger generations which yes ok is sick and twisted but at least we have the right tools to stop this from happening but if you meet someone in public there is no way with our technology that we can cover up who we really are or act fake because they can hear you and see you...

But thats just my opinion and i'm sure some of you will have more to add to that.

Last Edit: Aug 2, 2006 0:10:49 GMT by Llanilek

newBookmarkLockedFalling