Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
braxis said:
lucifer said:
Spek, incest is a good argument against the Bible. Ask anyone who breeds animals or has been to the "deep south". Southern stereotypes aside, excessive inbreeding has many negative consequences such as greatly lowered IQ and physical deformities. If you believe that the Bible is accurate, then you would also have to believe that Adam and Eve were super geniuses, looked nothing like humans do today, that dinosaurs never existed, and that the world is only about 6000 years, despite the hundreds of pieces of evidence that say otherwise.

Well it is said Adam was twice the height of an average man. And you don't always get defects with incest. I'm not justifying it, but it's not like 100/100 products of incest are fucked up. More like 25/100 as opposed to .5/100 with regulars.

Of the quadrillions of people that have inhabited this Earth, it could've been one in a million and still we'd be drastically deformed.

I'm not saying evolution didn't happen, I actually have my doubts in the story of creation; I just don't like when people talk about things they're not familiar with. Luci, you said it was "Adam and Eden"....seriously man. :P

Um...yeah. Eden. As in the Garden of Eden. The second story places Adam in Eden. Then God creates Eve. Read my earlier post more clearly.

And as for the whole 7 day thing, there was something about days then being one century or something. I don't remember where it was written so I can't really justify that well.

...because a century could totally be mistaken for 7 days. I mean, they're so close. I also find it funny that God couldn't create everything in the blink of an eye. It just says Earth took him 6 days. Not to mention the fact that he had to take an entire day to rest after that.

Just saying, stop bashing religion so. Atheism pisses me the hell off. Instead of being a prick about it just leave religion alone. Don't tell people there is no God so that you have the right to be angry when people tell you there is one.

Evangelists. They piss me off.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
As I recall none of us were forcing the "no god theory" on anyone. In fact, this had been nothing more than healthy debate for both sides until you started bullshitting everyone.

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005

...because a century could totally be mistaken for 7 days. I mean, they're so close. I also find it funny that God couldn't create everything in the blink of an eye. It just says Earth took him 6 days. Not to mention the fact that he had to take an entire day to rest after that.
you didnt see my post? :P I basicly said that

And aaron you well know that when a christian hears evidence that for a split second makes them question theyre belifs they say whatever they need to to get us to stop becuase theyre afraid of being wrong
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
kahless said:

you didnt see my post? :P I basicly said that

I know, but that isn't any reason for me to not address that point myself.

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
lucifer said:
braxis said:

Well it is said Adam was twice the height of an average man. And you don't always get defects with incest. I'm not justifying it, but it's not like 100/100 products of incest are fucked up. More like 25/100 as opposed to .5/100 with regulars.

Of the quadrillions of people that have inhabited this Earth, it could've been one in a million and still we'd be drastically deformed.

Um...yeah. Eden. As in the Garden of Eden. The second story places Adam in Eden. Then God creates Eve. Read my earlier post more clearly.

Just saying, stop bashing religion so. Atheism pisses me the hell off. Instead of being a prick about it just leave religion alone. Don't tell people there is no God so that you have the right to be angry when people tell you there is one.

Evangelists. They piss me off.

Maybe we are drastically reformed, we define normal as the majority. If the majority of us had arms growing out of our asses and hair on our fingernails then we'd see people like us as deformed. =D

Seriously though,when an atheist bugs me about how I'm a moron for being Jewish I just want to punch him out. I don't believe in God but giving a rat's ass about my religion isn't worth it. I believe in fate, and a couple times a year on Jewish holidays it's fun to kickback, relax, and have fun. Plus having a religion is basically like having a whole community on your side. When I have a problem I can talk to a rabbi, friends I know through Jewish school, cantors etc. I just don't see where Atheism gets anybody. If I wanted to be a lonesome emo kid I'd become one, if I wanted to be gay and have butt-sex with strange men in clown costumes I'd do so, so why would I need the guidance of some secular dude if I want to be Atheist?

I love letting people live their lives how they want as long as it doesn't affect me in a negative manner. Personally I believe it is one of my terrific qualities among my many horrible ones. If more people shared this quality the world would be better.

Fuck religion, fuck Atheism, fuck anything that has to do with caring about some invisible dude.

EDIT: Aaron this wasn't supposed to be a debate at all. If you hadn't noticed I really haven't lost the slightest respect for Lucifer ot anyone debating in this thread. Maybe it's because that this topic doesn't really matter to me or maybe it's because I love people that bring up valid points and different perspectives to the table. If Lucifer started saying "GOD IS BULLSHIT! Anyone who believes in him is a moron!" I'd be pissed. But hell, he had me cornered and I respect that. You just come here and say some lame crap about Atheists not forcing their beliefs on anyone (by Atheists you mean you and only you). Obviously if I stated a point like Atheists and Missionaries forcing their beliefs on people I would be talking from personal experience or an experience of a friend. sure it's not everyone, but so long as there is someone doing it then I can safely say "and Atheist mocked me for my religion".

And just because of your statement, I am 100% sure that you mock non-Atheists daily. Be it upfront or deep down in your head, you hate anyone that believes in God, goes to Church/Mosque/Shuel, or legally belongs to a certain religion.

I bet you hate cultures too, and anything that sets people apart. Wow man, not cool. =\

Last Edit: Sept 25, 2006 3:16:28 GMT by Spektral

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Why do you say it wasn't a debate and then go on to describe it being just that? :P

And by bullshitting i'm referring to your misinterpretations of others posts and your utter rusty-ness in the bible. Something we all do from time to time and something you did just now.

Last Edit: Sept 25, 2006 12:41:42 GMT by Aaron

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
braxis said:
Seriously though,when an atheist bugs me about how I'm a moron for being Jewish I just want to punch him out. I don't believe in God but giving a rat's ass about my religion isn't worth it. I believe in fate, and a couple times a year on Jewish holidays it's fun to kickback, relax, and have fun. Plus having a religion is basically like having a whole community on your side. When I have a problem I can talk to a rabbi, friends I know through Jewish school, cantors etc. I just don't see where Atheism gets anybody. If I wanted to be a lonesome emo kid I'd become one, if I wanted to be gay and have butt-sex with strange men in clown costumes I'd do so, so why would I need the guidance of some secular dude if I want to be Atheist?

Yes, in many respects, religions have lots of benefits. However, religion also offers a lot of worse things, too. For example, the whole idea that you must pray to God to get through the day, the idea that you are not an individual, but that you are how God wants you to be, and that something like Wisdom is not your own, but a gift granted by the Holy Spirit. The Christian religion (I'm not positive on the Jewish since, despite believing in the Old Testament, they have many differences than Christianity in those areas) basically makes out everyone to be weak and powerless with the only way to live, get through the day, and get to Heaven is by praying and acknowledging that you are powerless without some higher being's help. What a way to lower someone's self esteem.

I love letting people live their lives how they want as long as it doesn't affect me in a negative manner. Personally I believe it is one of my terrific qualities among my many horrible ones. If more people shared this quality the world would be better.

And that's how it should be. I enjoy debating religion, but I hate when people force their views on me and would never think of forcing mine on them. It's the Evangelists and Missionaries that give Western religion (basically Christianity) a bad name.

nrich

nrich Avatar

Banned

October 2006
Fuck religion, fuck Atheism, fuck anything that has to do with caring about some invisible dude.

Aside from organized religion being full of nothing but corruption, it still gives people a sense of hope in life, even it's a false sense. It's the act of power people think they have that brings religion to the "shooting range". For example, look at other religions, the lesser religions. Buddhism, for example. You don't see everybody dissing it daily, because it's not a collosal ball of corrupted beliefs and power like Christianity.

newBookmarkLockedFalling