Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Everyday we make decisions. No matter who we are, where we live, or what we do, we make decisions. What are decisions? When do we make a decision? Is there such thing as a BAD decision?

A decision can be defined in a couple of ways. Some would say it’s a choice. Others would say it’s weighing the consequences of your actions, and then acting. Dictionary.com defines it as “the act of or need for making up one's mind”. A decision is all of these and more. A decision is like an “if else” statement in coding, but more complicated. So what is a decision? It’s whatever you define it as.

We, as humans, make decisions everyday. In fact, we make them almost every second of the day. You’re making a decision right now. You’re deciding to read my article. Some people might say that if they sit on a chair and just sit there doing nothing, that they aren’t making any decisions. They are 100% wrong. If you think about it logically, they're deciding to stay sitting there the whole time. Their body is in a looping if statement that won’t stop looping unless a different decision comes along to interrupt it. Face it. As humans we are stuck making decisions no matter what; so we better get used to it!

When we are growing up, our parents do their best to raise us so that we will make “good” decisions in life, but what IS a “good” decision? Is it one that has good consequences? Is it one that will benefit ourselves and others? Or is a good decision one that will make things happen the way some people want them to? What if you had to decide if your mother was to die first or your father? Is there a right or wrong answer? In my opinion, there isn’t such thing as a good decision because all a decision is, is making a choice that will have consequences either way. No matter what you decide in life, there will always be consequences even though you may not see them.

Decisions are life’s “if statements”. If we do this, then this will happen. If something else happens, this will happen. What decisions will YOU make today?

Last Edit: Sept 6, 2006 1:11:02 GMT by Kay

17Godzilla

17Godzilla Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
I like you're writing style =]

But seriously.. you have spent way too much time programming.

And there is such a thing as "good decision". Saving someone's life, making a compliment, what are the consequences of actions like these?

enalia.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
well think about it. when you save someones life, its more of a result than a decision :P lol XD
k

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
but you still have to decide to save that person's life :P

nice article anyway

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
well i wanted to write this article to open peoples minds to different ways of viewing things because most people are very close minded.
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
You've clearly been talking to Chris too much. :P

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
lucifer said:

You think it's that obvious? :D

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lucifer said:

Why do you say that? :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I ignore him mostly. :P

Well, you bring up good points, but not everything has a negative reaction. I could decide to pick up that pencil on my desk now. The negative reaction? Nothing except a VERY little used energy. So, in essence, nothing.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
fredy said:
lucifer said:

Why do you say that? :P

Because Chris is a coder. :P

Last Edit: Sept 25, 2006 21:27:13 GMT by Lucifer

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
i'm a he :)
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
fredy said:
i'm a he :)

...I didn't see your name in the title originally, so I figured it was Kay who wrote it. O_o

My bad.

*edits*

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
rofl... i am offended XD
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling