Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Why do love, mercy, etc. need to be part of God's characteristics? By morals I mean good and evil. People always see God as not only all-powerful, but "good" as well. How is the bible not creating the concept of God? Writing down on the bible the word God proves that. Characteristics and morals are part of this concept of God, and anyone who believes in God has some sort of basic outline of what God is like. That is the foundation of any religion that starts with the belief of God or gods.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005

Why do love, mercy, etc. need to be part of God's characteristics?

Because thats what the bible describes him as? :P

How is the bible not creating the concept of God?

Because man didn't create the WORD OF GOD. :P
k

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
The bible describing= actual people describing God, which also answers the next quote.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
so, obviously you don't believe the bible is the actual word of God, but actually just made up? In reality, it doesn't prove your point, but rather mine. Since the mind can't create the concept, but the bible was written by men, then there has to be a God to tell them what to write :P lol xP

And your going to probably say the bible was written by men, therefore its not the word of God. Well. Think about it. The bible was written over a period of thousands of years, all by different people, that never interacted, and never read each others writings, and yet they all agree with each other?
k

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Why is it so hard to understand that they all had similar beliefs about God?

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
simply because theres a difference between similar and 100% agreeing. You and I could have a similar computer, but for it to be exactly the same, same programs, same hardware, same random pixel on the background, now that. That takes perfection.
k

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Hinduism has 3 very similar books to the Bible. Does make them perfect as well? Of course not. They too were written by various writers from different times. What seems perfect to you may not seem perfect to others, and vice versa.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
ok. so. If i write a book about the way i cook, and a man in china writes a book about the way he cooks, what are the chances that the two cooks agree on EVERYTHING? Now, calculate the number of books in the bible.

But, for your sake, lets assume the bible is only written by men. Lets use the same question that i asked in my article. Where did all these people get this idea of what God was like?
k

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Here's decent article that should answer your question:

www.kuro5hin.org/story/2003/6/20/44736/2173

Also, the Bible doesn't specifically state what God is like. The reader only knows about his certain characteristics and morals which God gave human beings. These morals and characteristics logically come from the human mind, because they are shown in our everyday lives.

Last Edit: Jul 26, 2007 20:42:06 GMT by mukei

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
fredy said:
LOL SO. What would you rather me call it? Creation VS Aaron? :P

And true depth of your impassable genius is exposed for all to see.

call it Creationism vs Alternate Theories, not hard to figure that out.

Thats all I'll say on the article, don't wanna get into it, your making yourself look like a fool without my help.
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
...I'm shocked Josh hasn't posted.
*shakes head*
I'll read this tomorrow.
I'm running off from 3 hours of sleep.
And I need more tonight.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Note: I read the article, but none of the comments since I am lazy. If I restate something, please excuse me and point me to it.

The one flaw in your arguments: You say for anything to exist, it must be created. Who, then, created your so called god? You would call me an atheist, but I honestly have no idea what I am. I believe in time and the mind. There is one things that doesn't start and doesn't stop. Time. It will never end. And it never stopped. Only our perception of it can give it a beginning.

You say that the human mind cannot imagine a god. And why not? We have imagined much more complex things than the simplicity of an all-might being who created anything and everything. Tell me, how do you control a blossoming civilization? With a government, of course. But wait... you can't control a people if you don't have a way of exerting your power. So, now what? Fear. Make them believe that if they do not follow what is written in some book, they will be "damned to hell" for all eternity. Seems like good incentive to listen to you. You do it, you sacrafice a few people to show what will happen to those people that do not follow it and boom! you're in power. Lust is a very powerful emotion. Funny that it is also considered a sin by your book. Coincidence? Or did the person who wrote it for power think that the lust of others like them lead to their downfall? Hmm.

Now, I do not try to explain our beginnings. I have settled on one logical answer: There is no answer. You can't say that some all mighty being, a god if you will, created the universe and then not provide a reason for the creation of this god. I will debate most of the points you made about the creation of the universe with you. They are obscure and insane to be believable. But so is Creationism. To think that something created everything when for that thing to create everything, it would also need to be created, is equally insane.

Like I said, the only thing that has no start nor end is time and that is because it is not in this plane of existence. What we have is 3 dimensions. Time is the 4th dimension and basic attributes like a start and end do not apply to it.

What are your thoughts on evolution? Evolutionism and Creationism clash but the evidence for evolution is overwhelming.

Also, your bible says that non-believers go to hell. Actually, that might not be true. I've never read that in the bible. All I know is that my grandmother tells me that almost everytime I see her and I'll take her word for it. What about the other religions that make similar accusations but do not follow your god (Outside of the Jews and Muslims, obviously, since you believe in the same god)? Who is right? The answer is this: None of you. The fear it strikes into your heart is what makes it so useful.

The idea of religion was created for the same reason that the idea of government (neither of which I am big supporters of) was created: To control the people. Striking fear into the hearts of men can do that and religion/government do it quite well.

I strayed from topic a little but you get my jist.
This is my old account. This is my new account

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Josh, you're tempting me to do the Chicken Dance.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
And why's that?
This is my old account. This is my new account

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
You literally said nearly everything I said, with a little more emphasis here and there, and yes I know you didn't read the previous posts. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling