Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

yilduz

yilduz Avatar

April 2008
I made a D&D forum and I figured it would be cool to make the forum look kind of like the player's handbook. Can anyone help me figure out how to make stuff look kind of like it? I just want to get the basic style down for the banner, table headers and footers, etc...

It has the look of a book with some sort of locking covers.
click here to see what I mean. I want to figure out how to make it look kind of like that so I can make my skin like that.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
For someone who is starting out - making THAT will be incredibly difficult. You could request the skin wherever skin requests are allowed but this would take quite a while to get that exactly.

yilduz

yilduz Avatar

April 2008
I'm not exactly starting out. I've been using photoshop on and off for about six years. :P
It has been on and off, though, so I'm still not that great.

Anyway, I was just hoping for some tips on how to make the orbs, how to get that kind of textured look, and any other ideas or tips that could help me out. It doesn't need to be exact because I don't think most people are going to hold their phb to their monitor and say "THAT COLOR IS OFF!!" but you never know.

Anyway, anything that will help me out is appreciated.

As far as finding someone that will do a skin, heh, yeah right. I've looked around, the only forums that do skin requests always have graphics artists whose photoshop "isn't working." I've been using it for years, I've never had an instance where it "wasn't working," whatever that means.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
well provision = templates.proboards1.com allows skin requests. and we've never had the issue u mentioned "ps isnt working". you cud also check at Proboards Support. check the design requests board - theres a sticky thread that lists all the forums that allow skin requests. if u are willing to wait a month, u cud get the skin made right here ;)

yilduz

yilduz Avatar

April 2008
slip Avatar
well provision = templates.proboards1.com allows skin requests. and we've never had the issue u mentioned "ps isnt working". you cud also check at Proboards Support. check the design requests board - theres a sticky thread that lists all the forums that allow skin requests. if u are willing to wait a month, u cud get the skin made right here ;)

They don't do requests for skins anymore. I've checked. I also checked all of the forums in that thread at PBS.

What do you mean, if I wait a month, I could get it here?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
yilduz Avatar
slip Avatar

They don't do requests for skins anymore. I've checked. I also checked all of the forums in that thread at PBS.

What do you mean, if I wait a month, I could get it here?

templates.proboards1.com/index.cgi?board=prereq

PV does provide skin requests.

We are planning to add a skin request board in the future is what Slip means. The time til that happens is currently up in the air though. About a month is a good estimate, but don't hold us to anything on that. :)

yilduz

yilduz Avatar

April 2008
Well, that's pretty cool. I hope you guys start skin requests. I like to be active in a graphics/coding forum - but I want to be active in one that I have a reason to be active in. Right now I'm looking around in several graphics forum looking for one that fits my needs now and have reasons for me to be active later on. If you guys were to make me a skin, this would be my graphics home. There are a lot of tutorials and a good community here, it'll be a good place to stay.

newBookmarkLockedFalling