Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quite a few update to mention this time. Let's start from the top...

Category Reordering
At the suggestion of a member (via IMs), I've rearranged the order of the graphics and coding categories. Studio Zero's main focus has always been coding, and it seems contradictory to put graphics first. If you guys disagree, you can discuss it here. I'm willing to possibly rearrange if necessary. Also, expect to see a bit of board reordering in the upcoming week or two. I think it's time we switch things around a bit.

Bug Fixes
In the last few weeks I've been fixing some bugs I've noticed in things like the template index, the code database, and the skins. (Along with some bugs reported by our members.) Some of these required a bit of recoding, so new bugs may unfortunately pop up. If you see any, please report them to me so we can get them resolved. :) Also, in the next week or so, I'll be porting some more coding from the code index to remotely hosted files as part of the shift to SZv3. Again, more bugs may arise from this. Just let me know if you see any more bugs.

Affiliate Apps
With the recent closing of some of our affiliate sites, affiliate apps are once again open. If you want to apply, don't hesitate.

Awards and Results
I'm sure some of you are itching to get results from this year's SZ awards. If you're wondering why the results aren't out yet, here's why: They're coming with SZv3. Kay had mentioned this briefly, but most people (including myself :P) overlooked it initially. I just want to let you guys know we haven't forgotten.

GreaseMonkey Scripts
I'm finally getting back into writing GreaseMonkey (GM) scripts for all our Firefox users... now's your change to suggest some ideas or check out the recent additions to our database.

Starbucks' Skin Dev
The Starbucks' Skin is coming along smoothly. I want to throw a thanks out to our dev team for helping improve the skin. :) They're doing a great job so far. Another thanks to Slip for leading the project and Scorp for providing the original skin.

That's all for now. I just wanted to keep you guys updated on what's going on. :) Look for a new dev blog entry to be posted in the next hour or two.

Last Edit: Jun 23, 2008 0:19:06 GMT by Chris

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I just had an epiphany.

How about you make a code that lets members choose the order of the categories in their Profile Options?

richardgary1223
Whoa! Cool.. man.. V3 is being developed so fast! :)

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Now I can burn hide the graphics category

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
That would probably mutilate loading times corrupt.... ok maybe not, but it would still make them longer :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, I don't like that idea solely because of loading times. It'd be an easy GM script though... I'll think about writing it. It wouldn't be compatible with most category splitters unfortunately. =/

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
Great updates, really. Looking forward to the board arrangement!

richardgary1223

Wait for it..?

stoner
"Patience is golden , use it!" My teacher , Diva Gresham, would say.

Last Edit: Jun 26, 2008 14:59:10 GMT by stoner

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
richardgary1223 Avatar
Jun 26, 2008 14:11:13 GMT @richardgary1223 said:

Wait for it..?

Unless you're talking about v3, I'm not sure what you're waiting for really. :P

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
Board organization looks 100x better :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

I never knew a single category reorder could have that impact. =o

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
Chris Avatar
Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

I have a ... mild addiction to board organization :P So yes, one category could make all the difference ;D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar
Chris Avatar

I have a ... mild addiction to board organization :P So yes, one category could make all the difference ;D

Explains why SI is so clean and organized. :P

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
Chris Avatar
Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

Explains why SI is so clean and organized. :P

Call it an OCD XD

newBookmarkLockedFalling