Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
After talking to the staff, we've decided we haven't been relating enough news to you guys. Tons of stuff goes on behind the scenes here (despite how inactive the staff board is), and it's time to inform you guys of some things. Thus, we've started a biweekly (as in, every two weeks) news update so we can keep you guys up to date with things happening.

Nearly 800 Codes
With the recent activity from some of our coders, our database is about to roll over 800 codes. It could even happen today. I won't be making another announcement thread for this since, well, 800, though a large number, isn't as important as 1,000 will be. So we'll just keep on trying for 1,000 before PBv5 comes out. :) If we can get that, no one can argue that we're got the largest PB database out there.

Staff Post Count Passes 60,000 Posts
With the recent activity around the forum, the post count for administrators has passed 60,000 posts. In fact, it was the day we set the posts in a day record. However, we don't go by that for when we make an announcement. The announcement is based on the total post count when a member views since it's kinda unfair to count hidden boards. Anyways, I look forward to breaking 60,000 soon with our recent activity. Lets keep it up. :)

v3 Update and Dev Blog Entries
I know there hasn't been a Dev Blog entry out recently or any updates. As I stated in a post a while ago, I haven't had much to blog about recently and thus the lack of new entries. I finally have a topic for the 11th entry, so hopefully you'll see that in the near future. v3 is starting to progress slowly because of other things eating up my time. I hope to bypass this in the near future soon and start getting more work done again. We'll see.

Starbucks Skin Progress
Though he has returned, Slip has been extremely busy with work recently, and thus the project is progressing slowly. It may be delayed until post-v3 release unfortunately. (But instead of vA: Starbucks, you get v3: Mocha Latte! :P) Hopefully the project will pick up again soon once work settles down for Slip.

Game of the Week
Fredy has recently started running some "Game of the Week" (GotW) contests. These are our attempt to appease those people who wanted a game board a few months back. We're trying to keep them from becoming spam games by having a staff member run them and making them require a bit of thinking. The current contest (week 5) can be found here. I hope you guys decide to participate. :) If you have suggestions for future games, feel free to PM Fredy.

Caption Contest
The Caption Contest has been going well in the recent few weeks with some great entries and fierce competition. I hope you all are getting in on the action, and if not, you've still got a day to enter this week's contest.

Crossword Contest
One of our members, mrhotshotbillup, recently contacted me about starting a new contest. This is the result of his ideas, the crossword contest. It's a rather fun game that challenges your knowledge in certain categories, this week being "finance." I'd give the game a shot if you haven't already. You're sure to enjoy it. :)

Debate of the Week
Fredy started this nearly two months ago, but it's time to get it some publicity. We are now having weekly debates on just about any topic. This week's is "God Vs The Atheist" and can be found here. Let's see what you all have to say.

Convention Center Spoiler Tag
With all the recent movie threads, I've decided we need a spoiler tag. Thus, the CC now has a spoiler tag. This tag is unique to the Video Game and Convention Center, so don't try using it elsewhere. :P You can blame SO for this one. Enjoy.

Video Game Jeopardy
Another contest that's currently running is the Video Game Jeopardy content. It's competition more or less based on your knowledge of video games, consoles, add-ons, and more. It is an official SZ contest though it isn't in the contest board. Anyone can still enter, just make sure to read the rules first!

"Name the Game" Video Game
This is an ongoing contest that's more for fun. It's been going on for almost two years now, but it's still free for anyone to enter and enjoy. If you wish to give it a try, go right ahead.

That's all for this week's update. See you guys again on the 15th or 16th. :)

Last Edit: Aug 1, 2008 16:59:42 GMT by Chris

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Awesome :D So much is going on that our members may not even realize it. :D I don't even realize it half the time. rofl xD
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
*yawn* You need to add some action to these posts. Make it sound like one of those late night infomercials. Haha. "And BOOM we will have our brand spanking new 60,000th post sometime soon all for the small price of 200 posts in 4 payments of 50 posts each! All this and we will throw in TWO, count them, not one but TWO new skins for you to choose from! Yes! TWO! What could you possibly want other than TWO more skins?! So place your order now. Buy online at sz-ex.com/payusmoremoney or at 1-800-PAY-SZEX! Remember... TWO EXTRA SKINS!!"

Yes. Shut up. I am bored. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Are you ever not bored Josh? :P
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Are you ever not bored Josh? :P

On the rare occasion when I actually have something to do at work, yes. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Yea I think work/Sam/SZ are the other things that keep me entertained. lol xD
k

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
My contest(s?) don't even get a mention in a post, much less a quick link? I'm gonna go on strike. Or probably join a union first if that's possible.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Ess Ohh Avatar
My contest(s?) don't even get a mention in a post, much less a quick link? I'm gonna go on strike. Or probably join a union first if that's possible.

I'll be the all powerful Union Boss if you would like.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ess Ohh Avatar

Apologies. :P How's that now?

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'll still act butthurt about it out of principle, but yeah that's better. I didn't know NtG has been going on for that amount of time. What the hell have I been doing here for so long. :P

Last Edit: Aug 1, 2008 17:05:31 GMT by Ess Ohh

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ess Ohh Avatar
I'll still act butthurt about it out of principle, but yeah that's better. I didn't know NtG has been going on for that amount of time. What the hell have I been doing here for so long. :P

We're still not quite sure, but you've modded for at least 2.5 years. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
.. yea he definitely beats me in amount of time modded. lol xD
k

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I like Josh's idea...Advertise the place with PRODUCT PLACEMENTs!! :D

^.^
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

stoner
Thanks Chris for the updates. *gives chris a cookie*

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Chris Avatar

Crossword Contest
One of our members, mrhotshotbillup, recently contacted me about starting a new contest. This is the result of his ideas, the crossword contest. It's a rather fun game that challenges your knowledge in certain categories, this week being "finance." I'd give the game a shot if you haven't already. You're sure to enjoy it. :)

Thank you Chris, for allowing me to do this competition, and for even mentioning it. 8-)

newBookmarkLockedFalling