Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Last I heard Acid3 was around a 78. Google's even boasted the point that "if the page isn't displaying right, you're the ones messing up."

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Aaron Avatar
Last I heard Acid3 was around a 78. Google's even boasted the point that "if the page isn't displaying right, you're the ones messing up."
It's probably true. How many sites are actually XHTML strict or even transitional? I love how many sites put those badges on when they fail completely and utterly.

But no, the biggest fail for Chrome for me is that for the past hour the installer has been saying "downloading..."

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
I had that problem the first time I went to install. It's fine now obviously.

wrcr87

wrcr87 Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
I am yet to download Chrome, but I am quite impressed by its design. Until the final version, I will stick to my FF. But if the final version has add ons and its performance is good, or at least comparable to FF's, then I may consider downloading it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I downloaded it... and I'm less than impressed. Here are my time trials for loading SZ: (Times taken with a stop watch, with a ctrl+F5 refresh, and while logged out)

Firefox 3.0.1: 2.2s
Opera 9.52: 1.9s
Internet Explorer 7: 3.4s
Chrome 1b (or whatever): 4.8s

Slower than IE even... by a landslide. Not what I expected from Google claiming an amazing system. I also really do not like the current skin. It's... ew. Just not aesthetically pleasing to me. Yeah, beta, whatever. :P It still should be better.

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
Chris Avatar
I downloaded it... and I'm less than impressed. Here are my time trials for loading SZ: (Times taken with a stop watch, with a ctrl+F5 refresh, and while logged out)

Firefox 3.0.1: 2.2s
Opera 9.52: 1.9s
Internet Explorer 7: 3.4s
Chrome 1b (or whatever): 4.8s

Slower than IE even... by a landslide. Not what I expected from Google claiming an amazing system. I also really do not like the current skin. It's... ew. Just not aesthetically pleasing to me. Yeah, beta, whatever. :P It still should be better.

Type in ":%" for more lols.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lmfao ^

That made me laugh. :P
k

.trance\\

.trance\\ Avatar

August 2005
Err, did you clear your cache and whatnot in all those browsers before trying that out? =P

Twitch

Twitch Avatar

Official Member

Female

August 2008
Well damn. I'm outta luck. Sometimes I hate having to use Linux, but I'm alright with FireFox until Google releases it for Linux. But, still, grr. Slightly disappointed that I can't mess around with it. Waaaaaaah. Okay, I'm done.

Anyways, Josh, you have WAY too much free-time...have you ever considered getting a game to entertain yourself?...or something?... :P

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
Twitch, just use WINE to run it. I'm sure it will work.

newBookmarkLockedFalling