Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
So I'm thinking possibly about buying a graphic program, but I don't know what. I want one that is affordable and professional, and nifty.

So, what's the best out there?

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
It all depends upon how much you have to spend.

For a free program, GIMP is the solution. It's great for a free program.
Paint Shop Pro is about £50 or so, and you can get amazing stuff with that, so that's an excellent buy and well worth its money.
And then of course you have Photoshop which is probably what, about £800 or so.. I dunno exactly, but that has a lot of amazing features, and plus there are many magazines out for it, or dvd tutorials, both free and paid for ones. I would say there's more tutorials for PS than any other program out there.

So it all depends upon how much you have to spend.

richardgary1223
I would say(IMO) , pen-tooling is easier in PSP, than in PS. But as Stinky said, yes it depends on your requirements and affordability. =]

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
I'd say PS... but if you aren't sure then I'd suggest trying the tutorial first. :)

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Ehh.

I use Paint.NET.

I mean it's not a full scale incredible graphics making program, but its nifty and it works for me.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
I started on Paint.Net. But then moved to PS, but hardly ever use it...

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Photoshop all the way :P Then again the only other programs I've tried are PSP and Paint :)

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
lol and I meant Trial not Tutorial :-[

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
What version of PS is the best?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
PS is definitely a good option, the only thing is, you'll never stop learning things to do with it. I've been using it for 6 years and still learn something new about it daily. So it can seem like a lot to grasp.

Buy whichever one you can afford. I have CS4, but it's pretty expensive -.-
Anything after 7 is decent though. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who designed a $2500 website using photoshop 3 though. :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
$2500????

Good God. What website?

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
eBay.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
He designed eBay? lol

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Quacker Jack Avatar
What version of PS is the best?

Technically, CS4 is. But many people prefer older versions because of the layout moving about, features being added that didn't need doing so, and many other reasons. It's all preference and what you've used the longest, and what layout etc you prefer the most.

Take PSP for example, Smangii and I both use it, he prefers (I think) PSP X, whereas I prefer X2.

Most people dont like new versions because it means (in a way) having to relearn it.. Not properly, just a few hours of looking around and getting refamiliar etc.

Anywho..

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I might be getting Elements 7 Photoshop. Good? Bad?

newBookmarkLockedFalling