Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Well, Apple released new Mac Pros and a new Xserve system today. I just wanted to talk about the Pro. Up to 3.2GHz with EIGHT CORES. Dual Intel Penryn Quad core Processors. Up to 32 GB RAM. Holy shit. You can also do 1TB HDDs or 300GB HDDs with 15,000 RPM. You can top it out at $23,422 USD right now.

I think... I think Apple just created something capable of running Vista. Or Crysis for that matter.

What I wanna know is what is going on at Macworld next week. MW is their premier event to announce products. They just went and released brand new server hardware and a top of the line tower system. If they were willing to announce these this week at CES, they must have some huuuuge things planned for the keynote next week and couldn't fit it all into the 2 hour presentation. Could we possibly be seeing a refresh of every Apple product? It is absolutely insane

This is my old account. This is my new account

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
I'm expecting the Sub Notebook like a lot of other people. It will be interesting to see what Steve Jobs has up his sleeves.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
jaj43123 said:
Well, Apple released new Mac Pros and a new Xserve system today. I just wanted to talk about the Pro. Up to 3.2GHz with EIGHT CORES. Dual Intel Penryn Quad core Processors. Up to 32 GB RAM. Holy shit. You can also do 1TB HDDs or 300GB HDDs with 15,000 RPM. You can top it out at $23,422 USD right now.

Holy shit indeed. that has some nice spec. But don't know if i would ever spend that type of monney on a computer.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
That's if you get everything possible. :P 4x320 GB 15,000 RPM HDD. 3.2GHz Quad Core x2. 32 GB RAM. Dual 30 inch monitors. Software. Server stuff. Everything. :P

As for next week, I don't think a sub-notebook will be released. A sub-notebook implies a EeePC like Asus released. Personally, I see an 11" screen coming with a SSD (64GB, from what it looks like) and no optical drive. Perhaps even dropping the speakers and offering them as a clip on sorta thing (but made to fit in exactly with the notebook). It won't be a sub-notebook (implying a lightweight, <10" screen, etc.). It will just be another part of the MacBook line and that is it.

I see a MacBook refresh, though. New design with slightly updated specs (possibly a blu ray drive). The MacBook Pros will probably get a new design too, probably to match the iMac (This concept seems probable). Along with it I think there will be the multi-touch touch pad (imagine the iPhone as a touch pad).

The AppleTV has to be upgraded. If Apple wants to cut into the TV market, they need to turn it into a DVR system with the ability to buy straight from the iTunes store.

iTunes will be getting an 8.0 upgrade (They seem to upgrade every year around Macword)

Possibly iPhone 3G

Mac Mini may see an update or could be pushed out of the way altogether (If they want the AppleTV to succeed, they have to kill it off)

Cinema Displays are a given. They are no longer on the front screen of the store (unless they put them back up there today) and have not been updated in ages. I think a redesign to look like the iMac is coming along with the iSight camera.

I sure as hell hope they update the MightyMouse.

Maybe an update to Aperture as well.

I don't think they will all happen but the MacBook(Pro), Displays, and AppleTV updates seem like they will happen for certain, to me.

EDIT: In case you haven't noticed, I am an Apple Fanboy. :P I follow Apple passionately and am currently typing on my 6 week old MacBook and listening to my iPod Video and tinkering with my brothers new iPod classic (shh. don't tell him) and trying to fix the screen on his old Nano. We also have 3 other iPods. :P If there are new MacBooks, I will be trying my hardest to trade mine in. :P

Last Edit: Jan 8, 2008 23:20:15 GMT by Josh
This is my old account. This is my new account

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Apple fanboy is an understatement for Josh.

I'm interested to see what they do with iTunes 8. Mainly because that and a iPod video are the only two things I use from Apple.

Oh... and that computer? @!#!@#$!#^$@#% sums it up.

newBookmarkLockedFalling