Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Ok well I am sure that many of you have heard about Hurricane Katrina, whether you live in the USA or not, I'm sure you have at least heard of it.

Well things are becoming too real to me now. If you wanna know what I am talking about here's a link. Read the full story, it's worth it.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9230423/

I already will be helping out in ways that I can through school, such as a penny drive, can food drive, raising money, stuff like that, since I am on the Associated Student Body, ASB. :P

Now what can YOU do to help?

Last Edit: Sept 11, 2005 11:16:17 GMT by Kay

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Too real? That is surreal!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Wow... just, wow. O_o That is freaking amazing....

I've done my part by donating around $50 of my money to relief efforts... I've also greated the 2 new kids my school has received from NEw Orleans and comforted them. I've also donated some money to the Civic Auditorium, which will hosue any New Orleans victims sent to Nebraska.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
O_o

Wow. Well, our school had people going around asking for donations last week (I think it was last week), and apparently we raised $8,000.

Hopefully all of that money'll go to helping people, and not to charity company profits. There have been a lot of those lately, too.

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
:)

Glad to hear that. I just know that the USA has been so un-lucky with natural disasters. This one is what hits the hardest so far. Well for a while anyways....

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
I'd love to live in america, but it's times like this I'm glad the UK never gets any of these types of disasters.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Not to get off the topic of Katrina, but have any of you guys heard of what happened to that super typhoon Nabi? It was like as big as the U.S. and supposed to hit the area near China, but I didn't hear much about it.

But uh, back to the topic, I think they're still having trouble getting people out of their homes who don't want to go.

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
No I have not heard about that. Damn.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Havn't heard anything on Nabi (let alone what it was)

---

Yeah, people don't want to leave, and I don't get why....

valandil
I donated all of my money to the Red Cross. It was only $5, but our school got $5,876 dollars from donations. :)

Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Avatar
She's a Marshmallow

September 2005
The hurricane was horrible. I feel so bad for the people who suffered from it. In oru neighborhood yesterday we had a bakesale for the victims. All donations went to the Red Cross, and I felt good after baking for it. Also, at school we're having a charity volleyball game where we watch the teachers and all donations go to some fund to support the victims.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Its things like those posted above that help.... one of my friend's father is a doctor, and he's donating something like, $250k of his own personal cash.... he would of donated more, but he spent $3 million last year opening an state-of-the-art daycare center for all the parents who are doctors in his office, and for all other working parents.

newBookmarkLockedFalling