Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
Follow this tut and what ever you are animate can look like this:

1)Open up GIMP, then go to file, and click new. You need to type in the height and width of what you want to do. For the image above I used 21X9.
2)Next step do a bucket fill to what ever color you want.
3)Create a border like the one in my image.
4)If your making an image like me that needs some transparent part you need to go to layer, transparency, and then click on Add Alpha Channel. Then erase the parts that need to be transparent.
5)You can add a image on a anchored image or you can add text to it like the one I have done.
6)If you adding text for the NEW icon you should put each letter separate from the others. To get what I have.
7)Now hit save as a .gif and save it under a name you want it.
8)During the save it should say this:

Your image should exported before it can be save as a GIF for the following reasons:

GIF plug-in can only handle layers as animation frames
[/b] Merge Visible Layers

[/li][li] Save as Animation[/li][/ul]

The export conversion won't modify your original image.

Click on the Save as Animation and then export.
9)Now it will bring you to this new window. For the Animated GIF Options you want to check Forever Loop, Use delay entered above for all frames, and Use disposal entered above for all frames.
10)Bring delay between frames up where unspecific from 100 milliseconds to 900 milliseconds.
11)You can change the frame disposal to I don't care, Cumulative Layers (combine), or One frame per layer (replace). I choosed the I don't care.
12)Click save and then upload it to view your animation.

Please post your works from this tut here, so that I can see how well y'all did.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

newBookmarkLockedFalling