Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
story

Good or bad?

This is my old account. This is my new account

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Hmm.. Don't know if its bad or not, people would be saying "Yup, Microsoft is now starting to taking over". would be intresting to see

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Brilliant. Microsoft takes Yahoo, and Google takes Microsoft.

Google wins!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
And now I just need to switch my hosting for iycatacombs from Yahoo to a different host. :P

This should be interesting though... there's no reason in hell Yahoo should turn down the offer.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P I think Microsoft is just scared of Google so its buying out its competitor :P
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
If you have been reading digg or the Tech Blogs, Yahoo is now considering an allegiance with Google to prevent the buyout.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah... that'll just send everything to crazy land. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Google and yahoo working together? Now that would be the day...
k

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
Microsoft shouldn't have anything to be afraid of until google makes it's own operating system, lol.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
tcm said:
Microsoft shouldn't have anything to be afraid of until google makes it's own operating system, lol.

Google would just modify Linux if it were to make an operating system. And frankly, they still wouldn't get much of the market at all.

obamasecretary

obamasecretary Avatar

February 2008
Look at the stock market. I know everything is falling, but Microsoft is really hurting. That, coupled with competition from google, has forced it into doing some very interesting things.

It can't just "get by" with Windows anymore. It has to "copy" things from other companies (aka zune) and buy-out websites. What a bunch of wimps...

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
obamasecretary said:
Look at the stock market. I know everything is falling, but Microsoft is really hurting. That, coupled with competition from google, has forced it into doing some very interesting things.

It can't just "get by" with Windows anymore. It has to "copy" things from other companies (aka zune) and buy-out websites. What a bunch of wimps...

It's being corporate, not being a wimp. If you have to choose between a few people thinking your cooperation is wimpy and making money, compared to not-wimpy and making less money, your most likely to go with the later.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
obamasecretary said:

mydigimedia.com/2008/02/07/who_owns_whatv21.html

You were saying? (did I just stick up for Microsoft)

Anyways, Yahoo is expected to formally reject the offer tomorrow.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, did they formally reject the offer yet?

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Yes, they did. And then formally fired all 1000 employees in their "Design and Innovation" department. Seems to me they are waiting to be gobbled up by Google or AOL right now

newBookmarkLockedFalling