Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I will take all input even you dont think it will help as long its has to do with the question.

Alright a friend just got me a early birthday gift. Its a PC Game and i got install and everything and Holy shit my PC runs slow while running the game. My specs meets everything for the game but runs really slow. First time running into this problem now on to the question,

I'm getting one or the other but i want to know which would be a better investment.

Should i go with buying a stick or two (thats all i can fit left is 2) of memory ( 1gig each) or should i go with an exteral Harddrive?

if you say an External hardrive what size memory?

Also few things to take in

Games i plan to have on the computer

Guild Wars
Diablo 2 Series
Hellgate: London (current game making the computer run slow)
and Now World of Warcraft Series.

Plus i have my IMs among other stuff.
**Only have two slots open for internal memory

So which do you think?

Here are my Specs
Inspiron 531s,Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (2.80GHz, 1Mx2)
2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
A hard drive won't help you out that much. As it stands, you have more space running faster than I do, and mine runs awesomely fast. Thus, the RAM it is. However, you also have as much RAM as I do, running 136MHz slower. Thus, that probably ain't the problem either. There are other ways, though. Care to post your OS? I need to know the OS version and type. Ex. XP Home Edition SP2 or Vista Home Premium.

Last Edit: Feb 6, 2008 23:42:07 GMT by Scorpian
wat

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Vista Basic is my OS

Edit: I think may found out the problem. Graphic card may be nnot right up to suff for the game. (could be wrong)

Could i get any suggestions on a nice good one that doesn't break into debt ;D

Would this be good graphics card to get?

Geforce 8400 GS 512 MB DDR2 PCI-E Graphics Card

Last Edit: Feb 7, 2008 3:34:36 GMT by Arucard

newBookmarkLockedFalling