Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Ok, this is a quick question with a somewhat long answer hopefully. While I was gone, this "merge" thing happened. I came back and PC left, he was pissed or something, apparently people were mad since Joe made the thread about clariying a few things and such.

But what was this merge? What happened during it? Why did you do it and why did you end it? I'm really confused and I can't find any threads about it except what Joe and PC made afterwards.

lpf
Click

Everything should be there, not sure because I haven't read it, but read that for the time being. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I read that. Basically, it's Joe saying "Screw off, we're better and we'll be better" kinda. I wanna know about the actual merge, not what people think afterwards, which is what the threads I've read are about.

lpf
lucifer said:
I read that. Basically, it's Joe saying "Screw off, we're better and we'll be better" kinda. I wanna know about the actual merge, not what people think afterwards, which is what the threads I've read are about.

All I know is that Proxima's board merged with SZ, and the members were mad so they left. I'd say ask popo. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
lpf said:
lucifer said:

All I know is that Proxima's board merged with SZ, and the members were mad so they left. I'd say ask popo. :P

Yeah, I'm hoping replies to this since it seems like he knows the most.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
The basics? Joe and PC didn't talk it over with the members of PC and SZ, and a lot of members got pissed and started flaming SZ and then a bunch of the deleted themselves from SZ. So PC decided that it was best for both boards to not do the merge. Then PC basically said that SZ would die...blah blah blah. And that's it. But SZ will live. :P

So I think that basically covers it.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So, how exactly did they "merge". I don't understand. PC became an admin here, so did CD and Joe become admins there? And is that it? Or, how did it work...?

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I don't exactly know. I wasn't really one of the members that cared. I didn't even really know what was going on. Joe or CD will have to answer that one for ya.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
I will answer it...but it aien't going to be pretty. I can let you guys have the chat logs...but you'll have to PM me personally and promise not to tell anyone about it, because it may wreck PC. :(

xeron

xeron Avatar

February 2010
Haha, okay. Proxima mentioned this huge surprise on PC. Curiously I IMed him and asked him what it was. He said"a merge". I tried to then tell him not to merge that Proxima would do fine on its own and there was no reason to it. Next day, without tell the members, he merged the forum. Alot of members from PC including myself grabbed our pitchforks and I guess you can say rebelled. Didnt mean for it to get out of control but it did. Uhh Popo and Proxima also had a huge fight over MSN. What else... Uh we unmerged and are back to normal today. I dont know of Proxima is cool with Popo and others or not. Thats just the small sumary. ;)

ChrisS

ChrisS Avatar
RIP Personal Text. . . . .

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Damm man people i have been away from this forum for about 7 weeks and when i come back this place is turned on his head. Now merging with other forums i a bad idea becasue i nerver works out. now as for as i see it SZ is one of the best forums on Proboards and has no need to merge with any forum. Soon this place will be as good as Zanmato Design i mean look at it. it's only open a few weeks and in that short space of time it has grow far more than i thought it would. So what will it be like a year from now i say 3000 members. 13/9/06
and back to my point there is no need for this board to merge with any board becasue i my time at Proboards (3 years) all the forums that have merged must have died a horrible death, thus don't merge
~Chris~

Last Edit: Sept 14, 2005 15:09:46 GMT by ChrisS
I Stand Here With My Views

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, I'm gonna post a general summary.

Proxima first talked with Joe, ad then later with me. What happened is, he metioed he thought SZ and PC were both dying, so we should merge. Anyway, Joe and I agree'd after a while, and we went ahead and merged. Now, we assumed Proxima had talked with the members and such, but we were wrong. They started getting pissed off, because they didn't want the merge, and they made a topic in Intro with all the pissed off members, and then they deleted themselves. Proxima called off the merge, which damaged SZ somewhat, but as you see, we recovered. :P Anyway, Joe talked with Proxima afterwards, and he was being an ass then, but he's apologized for that, and SZ and PC are on good terms now. Heck, we're even affiliates. :P

ChrisS

ChrisS Avatar
RIP Personal Text. . . . .

Dedicated Member

August 2005
SZ dieing with 126 members phhhhh yeah for real we are on our death bed LOL :P
they have 56 members :)
I Stand Here With My Views

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
lucifer said:
So, how exactly did they "merge". I don't understand. PC became an admin here, so did CD and Joe become admins there? And is that it? Or, how did it work...?

You don't swap admins when you merge, what's the point in that? :P Just means one of them closes and gets their members to join the board they're merging with the hopefully create a really big active community.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, PC closed, and Proxima became an admin here.

And, please guys, don't insult PC :P We may have better coding, but they have better graphics... though, that's purely opinion.

newBookmarkLockedFalling