Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
So I'm putting together a new box, so far I've got this on my list:

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel Tower: $55
Western Digital 1TB HD: $100
3x2GB DDR3 Memory: $100
AMD Phenom II X4 945: Combo
ASUS M4A78T-E: C $285
CORSAIR 550W ATX12V: $100

Total: $640

Still need to get a video card, but I'm happy with this for now :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
That has to be one of the ugliest cases I have ever seen. Of course, it looks like it one giant fan so that is probably best but still. Also would be nice if there was 2 more USB drives on the front end. lol

And I would get multiple hard drives and RAID them together. That way it appears all as one drive but if one fails, you aren't fucked. :P

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
You running 32 or 64 windows? :)

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Ubuntu :)

And yeah, I was going to get a better looking case, but it was another 80 dollars, so I was like, why the hell am I gonna spend more money just to make it look better. I'm gonna be looking at the screen most of the time anyways. I have a hard drive from my old box that I'm gonna move into this one, so I won't be "fucked" :P.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I invested a great deal into my case just to get a good lookin' one.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156063

Now that's a sexy case. ^_^

Oh yeah, and RAIDs are awesome. The servers at work have hard drives that occasionally die but it never affects anything since they're all on a RAID. If you can afford it, I'd suggest you go for it.
wat

newfieldgrafix
I hate Ubuntu, it's too informal, I like my computer to address me as Sir, not "m8", if you know what I mean. What kind of screen you getting anyways?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Jul 4, 2009 20:40:09 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I hate Ubuntu, it's too informal, I like my computer to address me as Sir, not "m8", if you know what I mean. What kind of screen you getting anyways?
I've never had Ubuntu address me as m8. O_o

2 19" screens, acer, already have them.

Last Edit: Jul 4, 2009 21:00:09 GMT by Eric

newfieldgrafix
Ha ha, funny stuff, it was a joke. I don't like "friendly" computers, plus Ubuntu uses EN-UK as default, it annoys me, and it's Waiting-room Orange as default. But I suppose it's a nice proggy, I'd prefer Gentoo. But Vista doesn't like sharing the HDD.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Jul 4, 2009 21:32:15 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Ha ha, funny stuff, it was a joke. I don't like "friendly" computers, plus Ubuntu uses EN-UK as default, it annoys me, and it's Waiting-room Orange as default. But I suppose it's a nice proggy, I'd prefer Gentoo. But Vista doesn't like sharing the HDD.
Really? You can't just do a custom partition? That sucks, I've done a lot of windows/linux dual boots over the ages. This time I'm just going full linux though.

newfieldgrafix
Eric Avatar
Really? You can't just do a custom partition? That sucks, I've done a lot of windows/linux dual boots over the ages. This time I'm just going full linux though.

Well you can but it's a lot of messing about, Vista hides the features, that it thinks you're too stupid to understand, even the control panel is hidden away - you have to disable all the User Account Control to get rid of the stupid "You're too stupid to see this." Dialog boxes. It's the only thing I have against Vista.
Fuck Ultimate vs Home Premium, there should be a Windows for Simpletons and a Windows for the Uber...

newBookmarkLockedFalling