Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Ess Ohh Avatar
They as in the govt or their families who don't wanna raise another kid?

Probably both.

I do know here in Washington state if you have a child under the age of 18 it pretty much emancipates you from your parents. It's what happened to my sister. There was nothing my mom could do to hold her at home, she had a child, a job, and dropped out of school. She was taking care of herself and said child, so what was the state going to do, tell her no? Yeah, that wasn't likely. So at 16 years old, she was out on her own.

And in our state if you're low-income and have a child, you can get about $350 for that child, a month in cash, and about $200 in food stamps. Which is pretty much living off the government. Something my mother did, that I refuse to do. The only time I will ever live off from any sort of government help is if I wind up disabled. Which, would totally suck ass.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Ess Ohh Avatar

The government are the ones who wont let the new mum go homeless or make them stay with their family.It's not like they say once you have a child, you gotta move out or anything. It's simply, the youngsters want a house/flat of their own, to get away from their family, so they get pregnant to get a house/flat, and reap the benefits.

Kay Avatar
Ess Ohh Avatar

Probably both.

I do know here in Washington state if you have a child under the age of 18 it pretty much emancipates you from your parents. It's what happened to my sister. There was nothing my mom could do to hold her at home, she had a child, a job, and dropped out of school. She was taking care of herself and said child, so what was the state going to do, tell her no? Yeah, that wasn't likely. So at 16 years old, she was out on her own.

And in our state if you're low-income and have a child, you can get about $350 for that child, a month in cash, and about $200 in food stamps. Which is pretty much living off the government. Something my mother did, that I refuse to do. The only time I will ever live off from any sort of government help is if I wind up disabled. Which, would totally suck ass.

Same for here.
They don't work. They don't need to do anything for money except raise their child(ren). It's completely messed up.
I think finally though they are cracking down on the whole thing.
But why? Not because it's messed up, but because the council have ran out of properties.

Last Edit: Jul 7, 2009 2:02:00 GMT by Stinky666

newfieldgrafix
I would never have kids unless I can fully support them, in that I have a secure job, a secure house, and a means of paying bills.

newBookmarkLockedFalling