Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
www.darkgamer.com/

Yeah, been doing work on this place more (for once!). I think it has a chance this time, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of the design.

Thanks.

8-)

Last Edit: Jul 6, 2009 4:57:29 GMT by Aaron

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I think that there are a bit too many colors everywhere. The guy in the banner fits ok, but there is nothing else to counter-act his focus on the screen. If you start by looking anywhere on the middle or left side, your eyes instantly go to that guy. It's almost difficult to read what's written just because you feel like you can't look long enough.

So if you added something in that balanced it a bit more, I think that would be good. The attention is definitely drawn away from the content, which I don't think is a good thing. You have images around (in fact you even took the avatars out of the content box) but not within, so very few people are actually going to want to read it. While it looks nice, it defeats the purpose of a website.

Past that, maybe take the main bg and make it a ridiculously long gradient, just to spice it up a bit. Aside from the bursts of color along the sides, the rest is fairly bland.

:: rate 3 ::

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Thanks for the rating! I took your suggestions and fixed some things. :]

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
since I first saw this site when you guys put it into beta, it has come a long way, and I must say, it is sexy as fuck now. :P

On your rant page, however, I can't read any of the links because they pretty much blend into the background. :P
k

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Its really left heavy, meaning that most of the attraction is on the left side, I think the menu buttons need some colour as well

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Thanks!

I'm working on transferring Rants into the Articles section, so I'm too lazy to fix that haha.

I do want to add more color so focus isn't only on the left side.
All suggestions are appreciated :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling