Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
So instead of shared hosting I have a linux VPS. So today my partner asks me to upload my progress so that he can take a look at it. I upload it, and then I realize that the app is expecting an htaccess mod_rewrite. Unfortunately for me I'm running lighttpd (instead of apache) so I had to make some changes in my config files.

I make the changes, restart the web server and there's no errors. I'm thinking, great, that only took 3 minutes!

However, despite the fact that there were no mentioned errors, the process for the web server did not exist, and port 80 was not bound to any process.

So, I spent around 45 minutes to find out that one of the virtual hosts I was running had a single folder with the wrong permissions, and that was causing the whole process to fail (without giving an error, for some incredibly annoying reason).

I should've just used apache.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Eric Avatar
I should've just used apache.

... Duh.

Apache ftw :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
ouch.
k

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I've never had any probs with my server. I've had it go down for just over an hour a while back. But we can't guarantee 100% uptime.

newBookmarkLockedFalling