Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
My brother was setting up a forum, for his Red Dwarf clan-y-majig and I took on the designing - with a little help from the uber code here...

smeg-heads.proboards.com/index.cgi?

What do you reckon to it thus far?

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
Hun, it is to dark and the image text that has your name in should really flow with the theme of the forum. Other then that it looks good. Is there suppose to be a background?
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

newfieldgrafix
No BG yet, I know it's a little dark but that's the color scheme, it should lighten when the BG gets done

The NGFX is the only type I have until the new logos go up, but I could hue shift it to a blue.

Thanks for you input Jesse!

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
This has the potential to be a great skin. There are a few things that really need to be added. First and foremost, a background is a must. It will liven up the place a lot and will keep things more interesting. For the time being, I would at least brighten the background up so you can see a difference between the boards and the background. Also, the board colors and the table border colors would look better if they were swapped. The boards look better brighter than the table border. It also adds some dynamics to it.

Now for the layout. My biggest recommendation would be to add more boards. The page looks a little empty at the moment, but adding more boards shouldn't be a difficult task. Personally, I think seperating the boards and adding head and base images will add to the sci-fi feel of this forum. They make the boards pop out more to people as well.

Overall, this forum's look definately has potential. You'll just need work on it some more. I'm positive it will look awesome when it's fully finished.

:: rate 3 ::

newfieldgrafix
Separating the boards, good thinking, and the BG is nearly done, I'm just not sure how to center it (the forum is primarily going to be viewed using the PS3 browser).

Thanks for the rate!

Edit
I just checked with him and he's adamant that the BG remain black. I gonna add a little texture onto it, to take the edge off though.

Last Edit: Jul 12, 2009 14:34:04 GMT by newfieldgrafix

newBookmarkLockedFalling