Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Justin

Justin Avatar
:)

July 2009
ok, well i wanna become a Coder, first a wanted to be a designer, but PS broke, and i dont know where to start, so can anyone tell me where i cant start that is easy for a beginner?, itd be appreciated :)
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007

Justin

Justin Avatar

July 2009
hmm...

Thanks Cornor, that`l come in handy =)
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
It totally depends on which direction you want to go with it. Are you planning on sticking to the web or branching out? Also, get a feel for it and decide if it's something you're actually interested in or not. If designing is what you like best, then maybe you should focus on getting PS to work.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Cornor? wtf??

Justin

Justin Avatar

July 2009
oh, im sorry i read your name wrong, for some reason i thought it said Cornor =/, sorry bout that :(
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
It's okay Jurstin.

Justin

Justin Avatar

July 2009
O_o Jurstin, i love that name =D :-X
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Conor: He meant to type "Connor" actually.

Jurstin (:P) If you're interested in Web Development, then the building block is HTML. Then, we need to know if you want to write code specifically for PB or in general. You can learn either and go to another easily enough since they're really the same thing, you just learn stuff in a different order typically.

Justin

Justin Avatar

July 2009
well, i wanted to make codes for PB

but, i think ill start with HTML and work my way up ;)
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Alrighty. After you get familiar with HTML, we can work on either CSS or JS. JS is more prevalent to PB coding, but it helps to know CSS.

Justin

Justin Avatar

July 2009
Got HTML down :P, took all day though=/

but now im trying CSS, and W3 schools isnt really coming in handy anymore, also trying a little JS, learned how to make a popup and alert box xD

but, are their any other good tutorial websites?
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
For HTML and CSS, not off the top of my head. :P For basic JS, yes. Just check our database here. We have one or two tutorials purely dedicated to PB JS.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
The best javascript thing in existence is the Javascript MDC. Although it doesn't really do you much good if you don't already have a fair idea of what you're doing.

CSS is actually covered at w3schools. The basics are fairly easy to get a hold of, but there are many more "advanced" things that it takes a little while to get the hang of completely.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eric Avatar
The best javascript thing in existence is the Javascript MDC. Although it doesn't really do you much good if you don't already have a fair idea of what you're doing.

CSS is actually covered at w3schools. The basics are fairly easy to get a hold of, but there are many more "advanced" things that it takes a little while to get the hang of completely.

Like those advanced things I avoid messing with? :P You know, since half of them aren't crossbrowser.

For PB you typically only need to know basic CSS.

newBookmarkLockedFalling