Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Hethusist

Hethusist Avatar
Justin is a poser! =P

Official Member

May 2009
Okay, well I'm going to be eventually be purchasing a CSS-based template from template distribution website and I have a few questions for it...

1.) I do not own Photoshop CS; but I do own Paint Shop Pro v.8 and I need to know if it's at all possible to use that to edit images instead of Photoshop CS...?

2.) It requires Adobe Dreamweaver 8 or higher... Which I do not own... Neither do I own Microsoft Expression Web... Does anyone know if it is at all possible to find a cheaper or perhaps a download alternative to either one of these two...?

All help if given is thanked fully, and I wish that if you do not know of what I am talking about it is probably best not to spam this thread unless you would like to offer me some helpful tips and/or suggestions!

Thanks!

:)

EDIT: Removed a website name :P

Last Edit: Jul 24, 2009 5:17:48 GMT by Hethusist

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
This doesn't go in the General board, but I'll halp anyways.

1) I know you can with X2, but I don't have a clue if you can with v8. You most likely can though.

2) You shouldn't buy anything that requires something you do not have.. Now you're going to have to go spend an extra 400-700 dollars on Dreamweaver. Congratulations. Downloading it for free would be illegal.

Last Edit: Jul 24, 2009 13:00:54 GMT by Conor

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
1) I believe Paint Shop Pro has PSD support. If you cannot open a PSD, download GIMP (It's a free, Photoshop-like editor) to open the PSD.
2) You don't need to use DreamWeaver to edit code. Just open it with Notepad/TextEdit (depending on what OS you are on, obviously). Dreamweaver is a good tool if you don't know what you are doing but if you have good instructions, it is unneeded.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
moved.
k

Hethusist

Hethusist Avatar
Justin is a poser! =P

Official Member

May 2009
K thanks I may just buy Dreamweaver here in a bit to get that outta the way...

Thanks!

newBookmarkLockedFalling