Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I was messing around on the computer when i got the great Blue screen of death sadly didn't catch the error code. but after restarting the computer everything seems fine but this is what i get on my desktop wimg.co.uk/gVA.jpg and i'm unable to open anything..

Anyone have any great ideas?

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Scan for viruses?

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Unable... atm having a hard open and running anything

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Restart again?

maybe use a system restore if you can't do anything else.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Ess Ohh Avatar
Restart again?

maybe use a system restore if you can't do anything else.

I have tried doing system restore in safe mod but nothing seems to pop up but when i got back to try opening it again it says that its already running... :'(

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Looks to me like you somehow corrupted something in the registry or a system file. Your best choice might just be to reinstall Windows (should be able to save personal files). Try posting this at Neowin though. They'd be able to help you more.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
If you want to save all your files, using another computer, download Linux and burn it to a CD. Now put in the Linux CD into the busted computer. You can boot Linux from the CD. This'll allow you to access all your files and save them. :)

newfieldgrafix
It looks like some form of malware, the live CD idea above sounds like the best plan if you can't access anything, then proly format the HDD. Also, I'd unplug it from the network/Internet, just to be safe.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Thanks everyone... yea ending up doing a full restore to the computer yea it was so fun :P but was able to save most of the somewhat important stuff.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Honestly, it's good to backup the important stuff and wipe your harddrive every once in a while. Windows can get realllly slow. >.<

newBookmarkLockedFalling