Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Holy crap it's faster!

And this is a noticeable faster ... not a 'Hai,we're FF and we'll say we're faster, but we're not really' faster.

It's got a new sexy tab page layout. .... and also ... it's skinnable! :P

newfieldgrafix
I must say, Chrome is faster than ---- off a shovel, but it has (or did) have a real hard time rendering Alpha Channeled PNGs, especially when you use that 'Transparent Images with Hover' code for ProBoards.

I'm not too fond on the title bar, nice but seemingly useless.

But on another note, FF 3.5 is slow as hell on my machine.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I love the fact that the tabs are in the title bar... it's what I mainly love about it ...

It increases the viewing size by a hell of a lot! :P

newfieldgrafix
I like that bit, it's just hard to get used to...

..Well, that's not a genuine reason, but it's mainly the Alpha Channel that bugs me.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
downloading now to try it out. :P
k

ashkir

ashkir Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
hahahahaha. I talked to you via MSN on this Wrighty.

And I agree. It is a lot faster.

Pissed that when I load a site in a tab it loads instantly. I'm used to opening several tabs at once and going back to the first one.

:[.

Also chrome themes are awesome!
zomg avatar movie trailer wtf?

newfieldgrafix

This is what I mean by Chrome having trouble with PNGs;

Google Chrome
uploads.roddyinnovations.com/users/Newfield/PrevGC.jpg

IE
uploads.roddyinnovations.com/users/Newfield/PrevIE.jpg

FireFox
uploads.roddyinnovations.com/users/Newfield/PrevFF.jpg

Last Edit: Aug 9, 2009 4:48:21 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Which is how it's meant to look like - 'cause as far as I remember Chrome is the leading browser in terms of compatibility etc... and standards.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Michael Avatar
Which is how it's meant to look like - 'cause as far as I remember Chrome is the leading browser in terms of compatibility etc... and standards.

Nope. That's Opera. Been Opera since before it went free too. :P

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Josh Avatar
Michael Avatar

Opera has a shitty user interface.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Michael Avatar

I've come across numerous standards issues in Chrome including it not properly handling global variables in JS. :P

And... Zell: That's probably 'cause they haven't ran it through a PNG optimizer. It'll render the same in most, if not all browsers, after you do that. IE almost always renders PNGs wrong.

richardgary1223
Chrome is improving! :P I should try it though... omg, opera is good for me.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Michael Avatar
Josh Avatar

I agree 100% but the fact remains that the current browser owes damned near EVERYTHING to Opera. They were the first browser to try and follow accepted standards as much as possible. They introduced tabbed browsing. The were the first (main) browser to allow advanced themeing and I believe they were also the first to offer rudimentary plugin support. And they may have just gone and revolutionized the browsing experience again with Opera Unite.

richardgary1223
Josh Avatar
Michael Avatar

I agree 100% but the fact remains that the current browser owes damned near EVERYTHING to Opera. They were the first browser to try and follow accepted standards as much as possible. They introduced tabbed browsing. The were the first (main) browser to allow advanced themeing and I believe they were also the first to offer rudimentary plugin support. And they may have just gone and revolutionized the browsing experience again with Opera Unite.

You're right. I myself have been using Opera since a year or two.

CAPS! :-/

Last Edit: Aug 9, 2009 17:07:58 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Michael Avatar
Holy crap it's faster!

And this is a noticeable faster ... not a 'Hai,we're FF and we'll say we're faster, but we're not really' faster.

It's got a new sexy tab page layout. .... and also ... it's skinnable! :P

Btw, go run the Firefox 3.6a2, will you? It's the update that 3.5 should have been. Blazingly fast startup for me on my MacBook and pages are rending more quickly (Specifically Digg and Wikipedia which are kind of slow on 3.5)

newBookmarkLockedFalling