Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
25-50%
75%

It's only 25-50% done. What do you think so far, and what are some things I could add?

edit: the little cursors are supposed to show rollovers

Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009 21:58:00 GMT by Conor

nsane

nsane Avatar
Prophet

Official Member

August 2009
Hmm, you have gone with an excellent approach. The look of the design makes me think, "this place is definatly for Photoshop". Would make a user browse more.

For a start, i cant say much as its only 25% done, but my opinion would be to add more content, i would be happy to give a hand/help guide you through it, PM me for my msn.

Other then that i quite like the design mate. Just two things, it looks very close to the actual PS logo, which is good, if you made it yourself. But if you c/p it, then im not sure if thats normally legit? :S

And also, always make sure you have some sort of copyrigth on the footer of the website! :)

:: rate 3 ::

Great work.

Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009 18:29:53 GMT by nsane

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I made the logo myself, and thanks for the ideas. I'll be sure to PM you. :)

newfieldgrafix
It does look nice and 'Shoppy. I love the logos, and the gradients. It looks a little empty, but I know that'll be due to the fact it's 25-50% complete. The only thing I can pick up on is; it's a little blue - not so much a problem, but a secondary color might take off the edge.

And as nsane said, you should defiantly get a © (Alt+0169) in there.
Overall, good work - PM me a link to the final result :)

P.S.
I hope it'll be a little wider when finished...

Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009 21:07:37 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
edited. probably 75% done now

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
bump. I need suggestions

majesticstorm

majesticstorm Avatar

August 2009
Its really simple perhaps trying more effects and I dislike the search bar graphics, they seem weird for some reason otherwise keep at it.

Rockafeller

Rockafeller Avatar

August 2007
You need to seriously rethink the navigation, it's boring and you can do a lot more with it. I have no clue what that upload bar is, it looks like you're just trying to symmetrical with the search bar. You're using the free-transform tool to stretch things such as rounded borders. That is a NONO. It ruins the rounded border effect, it's not that much trouble to go back and make a new shape. You need to decide where you want your titles to go. You have the featured, articles, and latest titles all placed differently on top of their sections.

I recommend you go back and convert all the font types to anti-aliased.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
OCD, this is NOT one of my favorites of yours.

Let's start with the goods..... it has a good color and it says "I am a PSD website". Now to some of the bads.... first off, there is TOO much blue in the background I feel personally. And as Rockafeller said, the navigation isn't good. Again,. I can't focus with all the blue you put in.

:: rate 3 ::

newBookmarkLockedFalling