Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Okay, so my friend has a friend who's dad's uncle (that sounds strange) is working on this amazing new search, no, knowledge engine, called Wolfram Alpha.

Okay, so let's say I wanted to figure out an answer to any math problem.... just enter ANY math problem, and it show plots, geographical stuff, percent increase, etc. all based on what the input is, and of course the result is fully shown how you would right it down. Very handy for non-math lovers unlike me. So maybe that wasn't that complex, eh? Well, watch this. I typed in CO and look at all the data it gives you. This is more then what my text book says in Science. :P Alright, still not convinced this is amazing? Well, I typed in my day of birth, and okay yeah, how long it was ago, but towards the end, I don't expect to see notable events on my bday, or what moon phase it was as well. And now for the kill, I searched "calories in 10 oreros + 2 glasses of OJ", and I was shocked. Not only did it givem e factual information, but it generated a nutrition label, and physical properties. Next thing you know i will see ingredients! :P

So enough muttering, explore it!

www.wolframalpha.com/

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
old news. Noob.
k

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Yeah, where you been, son?

Was kinda cool when it first came out. Made helping the Uni students on mathhelpforum.com a breeze. Most of the veterans have some release of Mathematica, though, which is miles beyond what they've developed for Alpha.

Last Edit: Aug 16, 2009 4:55:29 GMT by Aaron

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007

newBookmarkLockedFalling