Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
He didn't say ban you for news threads. He said ban news threads. The threads themselves, not the member making them.

Also, if you ever resort to doing less because you're lazy, you're probably doing it wrong.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Aaron Avatar
My point was that those are the threads most susceptible to nonsense posting. Topics like those tend to get underplayed because they're basically venting threads.

And i'm rarely--if ever--seeing "ha" or "lol" posts. I think Wrighty just got bored and decided to go on a rant.

I have, actually. They're rare, but far more common than they should be.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Firstly congrats to you Wrighty.

Secondly, I think we must all take it upon ourselves. Spam/noob posts in moderation. Sometimes I don't really think anymore can be said in a thread that was started for the spam purpose than "lol" or something of that nature. However, other threads aren't made "just for the laughs" and require more thought and input. I guess what I'm trying to say is know when to do it.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Hotshot Avatar
Firstly congrats to you Wrighty.

Secondly, I think we must all take it upon ourselves. Spam/noob posts in moderation. Sometimes I don't really think anymore can be said in a thread that was started for the spam purpose than "lol" or something of that nature. However, other threads aren't made "just for the laughs" and require more thought and input. I guess what I'm trying to say is know when to do it.

"Hahaha, wow. That was funny. Some people are just kind of stupid these days."

Kinda beats the hell out of "lol" if you ask me.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
To a degree it can be healthy, though. A more informal environment encourages a more active and lenient (i.e. reasonable) community.

Look at the people posting, not the posts: Wrighty, Josh, Chris, Fredy, they're completely capable of a courteous, informed response. And they deliver far more often than not. The content's there, you just have to wade through an occasional laugh to reach it.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Very true Lucifer.

Aaron is right and I just went and looked at the first page of the CC. To be honest a majority of the threads in there are LEGIT its just the posts in those threads we are having problems with.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Personally I know I've been kind of bad for shitty posts. I'll take some responsibility.

I don't like to be an ass and get on peoples cases about their shitty posts, but if you guys would like, I can start. :P
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Please do. And you don't really have to be an ass, but if someone posts "What???????", just tell them to put more thought and effort into their posts.

"What exactly are you talking about, Fredy?", or even "wat r u takin bout fredy?" is better than "What????????"

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
These are how I stand about current post types:

"Quoting to Agree" - As long as you add merit to the post, that's fine. For example:

Some really long post detailing exactly what you want to say, probably involving Britney being a lesbian.
I agree completely. Britney is obviously a lesbian.

That's perfectly fine. Just restate what you're agreeing with briefly. It adds merit. It'd also get around any "10 words to a post" rule we have. Or maybe just add why you agree? "Remember when she kissed that chick?" would work.

"Lol" or "Ha" posts - They're spam. Add some merit, once again.

"Double posting" - 'scuse me, I've gotta go ban Luci. [/powertrip]

"New Threads" - As I've said before, if they're in LIMITED QUANTITY and can provide DISCUSSION, then I'm fine with them. Two threads every 2 days would be considered "limited quantity." (I say that because that way you can post 2 in a day, wait a day, 2 more, etc.)

"Wrighty's 1k posts" - You didn't PM me? =o

I didn't feel like replying to individual posts, so yeah, any specific things can be posted by quoting my post. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar

Every one of my double posts are dripping with merit!

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Chris Avatar
These are how I stand about current post types:

"Quoting to Agree" - As long as you add merit to the post, that's fine. For example:

Some really long post detailing exactly what you want to say, probably involving Britney being a lesbian.
I agree completely. Britney is obviously a lesbian.

That's perfectly fine. Just restate what you're agreeing with briefly. It adds merit. It'd also get around any "10 words to a post" rule we have. Or maybe just add why you agree? "Remember when she kissed that chick?" would work.

"Lol" or "Ha" posts - They're spam. Add some merit, once again.

"New Threads" - As I've said before, if they're in LIMITED QUANTITY and can provide DISCUSSION, then I'm fine with them. Two threads every 2 days would be considered "limited quantity." (I say that because that way you can post 2 in a day, wait a day, 2 more, etc.)

"Wrighty's 1k posts" - You didn't PM me? =o

I didn't feel like replying to individual posts, so yeah, any specific things can be posted by quoting my post. :P

I'm all for adding merit to a post - but we are getting posts which are just a quote! :-/ It fails ... and makes me sad! :(

Aaron Avatar
My point was that those are the threads most susceptible to nonsense posting. Topics like those tend to get underplayed because they're basically venting threads.

And i'm rarely--if ever--seeing "ha" or "lol" posts. I think Wrighty just got bored and decided to go on a rant.

You noticed? :D

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling