Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Rules:

1. No hugging.
2. No hand holding.
3. No pants shorter than knee length.
4. No backpacks.

I wont even go on. Is there something wrong there?

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
No backpacks? I don't know about American schools, but most people at mine take a backpack with all their stuff in it to school every day...

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I agree with ... 1, 2, & 3 ... but 4? WTF?! o.o

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
4 is instituted in problem schools most of the time. I've carried a backpack with me since I was in kindergarden. I especially do it now that I am in college.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Josh Avatar
4 is instituted in problem schools most of the time. I've carried a backpack with me since I was in kindergarden. I especially do it now that I am in college.

My school is a prestigious one though. Rarely is there a problem. =/

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
That's odd. I live all of 10 miles outside of Detroit and I know quite a few schools around here don't allow backpacks because of how bad the students are. If Hotshot goes to the school closest to him (Sterling High I believe), then he probably can't wear one either. That school has full time police officers patrolling the hall.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Is it no backpacks period, or just no backbacks during the school day? My high school wouldn't allow backpacks outside of lockers once the day has started.

And I can't say I've ever wore shorts above my knees...but girls do...and it's just wrong to not allow that.

Thank god I've graduated. I can get away from all the bullshit. Seems like every school in the nation is slowly going downhill.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
My school doesn't really have PDA rules so there's a lot of hugging, hand holding, etc.

And we all carry our backpacks to every class. I consider myself very lucky. :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
The backpack thing is more a precaution. It's easier to monitor students for cell phones, cheating, drug deals, weapons, etc. when they can't hide it. My school even went a step further with no jackets.

As for the hugging, yeah. It gets ridiculous. Especially with zero-tolerance policy schools. I made a thread here about a year ago about an eight year old kid that got a sexual offense infraction on his school record because he mimicked an action he saw on t.v.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Aaron Avatar
The backpack thing is more a precaution. It's easier to monitor students for cell phones, cheating, drug deals, weapons, etc. when they can't hide it. My school even went a step further with no jackets.

As for the hugging, yeah. It gets ridiculous. Especially with zero-tolerance policy schools. I made a thread here about a year ago about an eight year old kid that got a sexual offense infraction on his school record because he mimicked an action he saw on t.v.

Wow, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Boys like girls. It's natural and part of growing up. What is with the schools these day. We're there to prepare for the real world, but they pretend like the real world doesn't exist within the school walls.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
I'll quote Barry Schwarz on that one:

"Rules like this are insurance policies against disaster. And they prevent disaster. But what they ensure in its place is mediocrity."

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
My school's rules:

1. No touching anyone. Period. No High Fives, no hugging, no patting backs, nothing.
2. No shorts above knees above 3 inches. My old ditched gf got dresscoded for our asst. principal noticing it was 3 1/4 inches.
3. No holes in pants, even if they are threaded through.
4. No Chains.

We have a much bigger dress policy, but that wraps up most of 'em.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Josh Avatar
That's odd. I live all of 10 miles outside of Detroit and I know quite a few schools around here don't allow backpacks because of how bad the students are. If Hotshot goes to the school closest to him (Sterling High I believe), then he probably can't wear one either. That school has full time police officers patrolling the hall.

I live like 5 minutes walking distance from that school, but I recently moved over here. Before I moved I was in the UCS district and so I continued on in UCS and went to Stevenson with all my friends. Titans baby ;D. So I CAN take a backpack to school and I do.

I've heard of 1-4 actually but I think its all dumb. If people want to talk about 1984 all they need to do is look at the schools. Cameras in the halls, monitoring teachers and what they are teaching us, dress codes, etc. If I have a girl friend I wanna be able to hug her and hold her hand and maybe walk with her to class.

I really hate #3.. Im a fan of booty shorts. :D

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
...stupid. Very stupid. I went to a school that 50% of the student body used drugs, and used them during the school day. About 75% of the student body had a juvenile record. Yet we never had such ridiculous rules. They even tried to prevent the freshmen and sophomores from going off campus during lunch. But that failed.

Oh, and our dress code was in place, but was never enforced, so it never mattered.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Hotshot Avatar
Josh Avatar

I live like 5 minutes walking distance from that school, but I recently moved over here. Before I moved I was in the UCS district and so I continued on in UCS and went to Stevenson with all my friends. Titans baby ;D. So I CAN take a backpack to school and I do.

I've heard of 1-4 actually but I think its all dumb. If people want to talk about 1984 all they need to do is look at the schools. Cameras in the halls, monitoring teachers and what they are teaching us, dress codes, etc. If I have a girl friend I wanna be able to hug her and hold her hand and maybe walk with her to class.

I really hate #3.. Im a fan of booty shorts. :D

Fuck the Titans. Falcons all the way. While we are on the subject, fuck the Eagles, the Reds, fuck the Stalions, and fuck the Tars. Damned soccer rivals. (Btw, the Titans sucked at soccer when I played. I only say fuck the Titans because Runkel is our field, damnit.)

newBookmarkLockedFalling