Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Okay, so I have typically have all kinds of ways to IM out there, such as MSN, YIM, AIM, MSN, ICQ, TALK, SMS, XMSS/JABBER, etc., though I rarely use TALK, JABBER, and ICQ.

So I was on my messenger this morning when someone from ICQ (I don't have anyone on ICQ) say hey, and I asked who are you. So this person said, I am a guy. Wanna fuck each other? I blocked him. Then laterr on (when I got home from school), a lady said she was meeting up in town (she said where exactly I lived as well) and asked if I wanted to meet her, and have some fun. So I deleted my ICQ account, as it seemed like they gave pi.

Has anyone ever had problems with ICQ like this?

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I don't use ICQ, so absolutely no problem with it whatsoever =D

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Quacker Jack Avatar
Okay, so I have typically have all kinds of ways to IM out there, such as MSN, YIM, AIM, MSN, ICQ, TALK, SMS, XMSS/JABBER, etc., though I rarely use TALK, JABBER, and ICQ.

So I was on my messenger this morning when someone from ICQ (I don't have anyone on ICQ) say said hey, and I asked who are you they were. So this person said, I am a guy. Wanna fuck each other? I blocked him. Then laterr on (when I got home from school), a lady said she was meeting up in town (she said where exactly I lived as well Just Fail!) and asked if I wanted to meet her, and have some fun. So I deleted my ICQ account, as it seemed like they gave pi [red]Fail Again![/red].

Has anyone ever had problems with ICQ like this?

Learn to type! >.<
But no I never have used ICQ.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It's likely a bot that someone created that sends out messages to random usernames (ICQ uses numbers, don't they?) and as soon as it finds a legit user, it starts a conversation with you and uses your IP address to make it sound like they are someone who lives near you or something.

There's one like that on AIM though it hasn't been active in a year or two. I really hate the AIM bot that will start a conversation with you and when you reply it connects you with another user and doesn't reveal you their name so you think you are still talking to Chaldopimp1996 or some other similarly random name

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Josh Avatar
It's likely a bot that someone created that sends out messages to random usernames (ICQ uses numbers, don't they?) and as soon as it finds a legit user, it starts a conversation with you and uses your IP address to make it sound like they are someone who lives near you or something.

There's one like that on AIM though it hasn't been active in a year or two. I really hate the AIM bot that will start a conversation with you and when you reply it connects you with another user and doesn't reveal you their name so you think you are still talking to Chaldopimp1996 or some other similarly random name

I figured. Still though, it annoys me to death.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Quacker Jack Avatar
Josh Avatar

There is usually a way to opt out. I know I did with the Chaldopimp bot.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Josh Avatar
Quacker Jack Avatar

There is usually a way to opt out. I know I did with the Chaldopimp bot.

Meh, still it's a hassle and I don't bother with it. and no one uses ICQ really.

newBookmarkLockedFalling