Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
k, so I recently requested a service (coding) on Coder's hangout, when that kind of stiked an idea I gave Chris a while back. Maybe we should have a board or thread that is like where someone can request or offer a service for points and stuff?

Or an alternative, maybe we can go ahead and do it in the appropriate board....

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
forum.sz-ex.com/index.cgi?board=codehangout&action=display&thread=11770

You have - .... So in theory you should have waited for a reply first ... it's a bit like asking ... can I have this? Well I'll take it anyway regardless of your answer! >.<

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Michael Avatar
forum.sz-ex.com/index.cgi?board=codehangout&action=display&thread=11770

You have - .... So in theory you should have waited for a reply first ... it's a bit like asking ... can I have this? Well I'll take it anyway regardless of your answer! >.<

Nah, I knew I could because I talked to Chris a long time ago about doing something like this. I just wanted to hear what others think of it.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Points aren't that central a theme with the Studio. I doubt (at this point at least), that such a board would see much activity, and pms are a bit more appropriate. A thread I can understand, though, if they expand the system. At the moment, the primary focus seems to be incentives on achievements and not so much points.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron: Points are starting to become more and more popular though, something I may have to check in the future. :P

---

Here's how I see it working: People (i.e. Wrighty or Josh) can set up shops to "sell" their talents in graphics/coding. Joint shops are obviously fine as well. Their "shops" are just threads that can mark the transaction. It's best for both parties to post the transaction in the thread so that I can regulate the trade easier.

Anyways, the whole thing is fine by me.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Quacker Jack Avatar
when that kind of stiked an idea I gave Chris a while back.

Stop trying.. Leave the epic typos alone! :'(

(Britney joke :) )

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
Aaron: Points are starting to become more and more popular though, something I may have to check in the future. :P

---

Here's how I see it working: People (i.e. Wrighty or Josh) can set up shops to "sell" their talents in graphics/coding. Joint shops are obviously fine as well. Their "shops" are just threads that can mark the transaction. It's best for both parties to post the transaction in the thread so that I can regulate the trade easier.

Anyways, the whole thing is fine by me.

Hey hey hey... you know damned well I don't do requests anymore. :P

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
I actually quite like this idea? I would open a 'shop' where I would design stuff for points? Why not?

Hotshot Avatar
Quacker Jack Avatar
when that kind of stiked an idea I gave Chris a while back.

Stop trying.. Leave the epic typos alone! :'(

(Britney joke :) )

And LOL

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
The "Shop" idea has been done at some pretty major forums not proboards related and proboards related with SI and credits.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I never said it's original. :P And there's no rule preventing you guys from already opening a shop.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Chris Avatar
I never said it's original. :P And there's no rule preventing you guys from already opening a shop.

Hotslut's Casa it is then. For all your internet sex needs. XD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Hotshot Avatar
Chris Avatar

... It has to be within the PB ToS. :P

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Hotshot Avatar
Chris Avatar

I have only one thing to say about your post:

AMEN!

newBookmarkLockedFalling