Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzJI08YUNik

It's that new film from Mike Judge that's releasing this friday. Anybody going to see it?

I watched about half an hour of it last night. I'll be honest, it wasn't that interesting. I ended up stopping it just because I thought it was boring. It definitely has a deeper story than that trailer implies, but... it's just not that funny. =/
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I was trying to decide between seeing this and seeing Gamer this weekend. I finally got around to see Idiocracy and that was just awesome. This one looks funny too but not too fond of Ben Afleck being in it. He hasn't been all that good lately.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
I was trying to decide between seeing this and seeing Gamer this weekend. I finally got around to see Idiocracy and that was just awesome. This one looks funny too but not too fond of Ben Afleck being in it. He hasn't been all that good lately.
Fixed.

Lately is an unnecessary adverb in this context.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Josh Avatar
Fixed.

Sure it is. "He hasn't been all that good in the past." That has different meaning than the sentence Josh posted. "He hasn't been all that good" is pretty ambiguous and definitely demands more explanation. Besides, unnecessary =/= wrong.

MAdoubleGuhEE

MAdoubleGuhEE Avatar

Official Member

August 2009
Holy shit. I went into this thread thinking it was going to be something about herbal extract (you know, because, you know), and the ad on top of the page was something about HERBAL EXTRACT. Random net advertisement of proboards and I were on the same wave length.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Eric Avatar
Fixed.

Sure it is. "He hasn't been all that good in the past." That has different meaning than the sentence Josh posted. "He hasn't been all that good" is pretty ambiguous and definitely demands more explanation. Besides, unnecessary =/= wrong.

Oh I know that it has different meanings, I'm just suggesting that he hasn't been all that good EVER.

I personally don't think this will be that good, but I'll probably see it because it has Mila Kunis.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Oh I know that it has different meanings, I'm just suggesting that he hasn't been all that good EVER.

I personally don't think this will be that good, but I'll probably see it because it has Mila Kunis.

Ah, a joke. I kinda feel stupid for not catching that, but maybe it's because I think Ben Affleck has been good here and there.

Last Edit: Sept 3, 2009 2:59:30 GMT by Lucifer

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Ben Afleck was actually pretty good in Paycheck and Dogma.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
Ben Afleck was actually pretty good in Paycheck and Dogma.
I'll give you the second, I didn't like Paycheck though, so I can't really speak on that one.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I really enjoyed Paycheck, personally. Ben Afleck, the ever ugly Uma Thurman, Aaron Eckhart, one of my all time favorites in Paul Giammatti, Joe Morton, Michael C. Hall and Colm Feore. One hell of a cast in my opinion. Ben Afleck was a little dry but he made it work. It helped that it was directed by John Woo, of course.

Last Edit: Sept 3, 2009 4:32:30 GMT by Josh

newBookmarkLockedFalling