Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
:'( Too much swearing - my head's gunna implode! :(

But ya ... it's the internet, don't be so harsh on each other ... & Jack :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
umm... I think you should learn some facts before you attempt to insult me Aaron. I actually am out of highschool, but thanks.
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
umm... I think you should learn some facts before you attempt to insult me Aaron. I actually am out of highschool, but thanks.

It's completely irrelevant. This thread was never intended to insult anyone. The sole purpose was to draw attention to the issue. So stop.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Fredy, I didn't mean to bash you, but I just wanted you to stop acting like a dick (especially towards me). I think half the mods here have pretty much bashed me in the past, but they stopped. That was just something I wanted to point out for you to stop. I just wanted you to go back to being a nondick like the older days. And seriously, I just ask you why you lock that thread on MSN and you say gtfo out or I block? Well, that's over I guess........

Well, regarding Kay saying this thread was childish, as mentioned before mr, this was somewhat necessary. Honestly, I really don't expect a PM to calm him down, but to get him more angry. With a thread, as Lucifer said, it gets community support. Was it we wanted him to quit? I just wanted him to shape up. And about people bashing me.... I honestly don't really care too much, but I don't like it. I talked to one mod who bashed me and that got resolved... bam... over.

Oh and for the record, if my thread with "Fuck" in the title was bad, then how come this one isn't? (No Offense Lucifer, just trying to make a point.)

Well this is a dumb question..... but now what? I mean, what's going to happen in the future... get a new mod or something? He was GMod, does this mean one of the current mod is getting a promotion? What happens to the achievements involving Fredy?

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Kay Avatar
Lucifer... are you guys serious? If you felt like something needed to be done about Andrew, bring it to his inbox or talk to Chris about it privately. I see no reason why this needed to be made public and make him feel like shit. The thread you linked to up above, honestly I feel that with Wrighty's post, the thread ended there. All questions need to be directed at him, and he said answers would be up on the site. Why do we need a thread about it as well?

Completely agree with this, imagine the new (or could become new) members that are reading this? If I came here and wasnt signed up this would make me not wanna sign up.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Why is it any time I bring up anything to do with age, i'm suddenly being condescending? =p

And Jack, dude, seriously, it's done. :-*

Edit: Oh, yeah, the fact that I was a prick in that other thread might have done it. xp

Last Edit: Sept 8, 2009 23:43:12 GMT by Aaron

Justin

Justin Avatar
:)

July 2009
this title needs to be called "Quit the Freddy hate" im not an active poster, but am an active member, and all i`ve been seeing is Freddy Hate for the past month, its seriously annoying, i dont think Freddy was a horrible mod, he was an OK mod, yes he locked that thread for no reason, and makes a few mistakes, but come on everyone has to admit that Freddy has done some good for this site. Quit the Freddy Hate -_-
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Quacker jack, you seriously need to stop being a retard for long enough to realize that you are dragging this thread on much longer than it needs to be.

I quit. End of thread.

Just. Stop.
k

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
This can be locked naow? (:

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I think that would be a good idea.

There is no point to this thread anymore.
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
There's plenty of point to this thread. You're not longer a mod, but you still haven't shaped up. Plus, this serves as an example to other moderators to watch their attitude (and members as well).

Jack, no offense taken. I specifically said "fuck" in the thread title to prove a point. It wasn't edited out like yours was. This only proves the bias towards you. I'm not saying mine should've been edited or that yours shouldn't have been. I'm saying that discretion be taken and each situation be judged on it's own.

Parker, I really doubt a lot of members are checking the Feedback forum when deciding whether or not to join. More than likely they're checking resources, requests, or general chat types of forums when determining whether or not they want to join. That doesn't necessarily excuse my vulgarity, but it does sort of negate your argument.

Justin, this isn't Fredy hate at all. I was drawing attention to Fredy's poor performance as a moderator, both in action and as a role model. Nothing more. Just because I have negative criticism doesn't mean I'm hating on him. The fact that everyone agrees only further proves that my opinions are justified and it's not just some whim of hatred for no good reason.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Luci: Again, public complaints that I have NOT seen because I'm AWAY. That should be the key that you should have PMed me, even if it was just a link to the complaint. Then I would have discussed it with him instead of this. All I'm saying is your order of complaints was not the best order since I was never made aware until I received a text from Ben saying "Fredy quit" the other day.

All I was saying with that point is someone should have contacted me. In the future, all initial complaints at staff power tripping should be made DIRECTLY to me via PM or IM.

Josh: Yes a fine line must be tread. I've tried to tread that line in the past, but apparently it's a tricky thing and keeps moving. :P

Jack: In regards to the word "fucking" in this thread title, I never actually noticed it. *shrugs* I'll probably edit it in a few if I don't forget through my remaining replies.

In regards to an emod... I've got some plans. I'll figure it out in the next week hopefully. For now, the three admins should be able to moderate. :P It took me about 5 minutes from notification to find a random computer, login, and ban the spammer earlier today. So I'm sure something needing locking isn't a huge deal as well.

As for the achievements, that will get sorted sooner or later. Possibly the replacement e-mod for the rick roll... for the annoy someone, I'll find something eventually.

For now, I'm locking this thread. The power trip regarding Fredy has been resolved mostly. That was the initial point of this thread, thus it's filled its purpose.

If there are any other issues that aren't resolved, they should be able to be handled via PM as this thread is getting out of hand now with hate unfortunately.

newBookmarkLockedFalling