Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
So I watched the movie 9 last night. For those of you who don't know, 9 is a movie that releases on 9-9-09. Conveniently enough, I watched it in theater 9. I know the GM put it in that theater on purpose. That's way too awesome to be a coincidence.

Anyway, I have to say that it was a good movie. If you do end up seeing it, though, do NOT put too much thought into it. It leaves a lot of stuff up to your imagination, but if you think too much about it, it stops making sense altogether.

All-in-all, I'd have to say this is more of an artistic movie than anything. It gave off a very surreal feeling, especially in the end. That's probably why you can't put too much thought into it. Watch it to escape from reality, not to tie it into it.

Also, 1's an ass and 8's a dumb-ass. That's probably why he follows 1 so easily.

NOTE: This thread probably has one of the shortest titles in the history of SZ.

Last Edit: Sept 8, 2009 20:45:40 GMT by Scorpian
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I'm gonna either see it tonight at the midnight premier or tomorrow night sometime. I haven't decided. I can't wait to see it.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I'll be seeing it this weekend for sure. It looks awesome and the trailer used perfect music. lol. Plus, I haven't been disappointed with anything Burton has touched since Mars Attacks! so I will definitely be seeing it

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i plan on seeing soon as it comes out where i live, looks pretty good from the trailers

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
I'll be seeing it this weekend for sure. It looks awesome and the trailer used perfect music. lol. Plus, I haven't been disappointed with anything Burton has touched since Mars Attacks! so I will definitely be seeing it

You were disappointed in Mars Attacks?!

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yes. I absolutely hated that movie.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar

How? I don't even think the people making it took it seriously. It's freakin' hilarious!

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Josh Avatar

Agreed. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

But 9 looks awesome, I know I'll end up seeing it.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Mars Attacks! was too stupid to be funny. I am the guy who will go and see any Apatow film or The Hangover or any of those stupid comedies on opening weekend but Mars Attacks! was just absolute shit.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar

You were disappointed in Mars Attacks?!
Just what I was thinking. I probably won't see 9 until it comes out on demonoid dvd. For whatever reason I'm not a big movie theater goer.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Mars Attacks! was too stupid to be funny. I am the guy who will go and see any Apatow film or The Hangover or any of those stupid comedies on opening weekend but Mars Attacks! was just absolute shit.

I haven't been a fan of Apatow since Anchorman. Just about everything else hasn't even been worth renting if you ask me.

Anywho, I'm going to see 9 tonight. I'm pumped. I'm not expecting a groundbreaking story or anything, but it looks badass and sounds like it has a sweet soundtrack, and that's all I'm looking for tonight.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar

I haven't been a fan of Apatow since Anchorman. Just about everything else hasn't even been worth renting if you ask me.

Anywho, I'm going to see 9 tonight. I'm pumped. I'm not expecting a groundbreaking story or anything, but it looks badass and sounds like it has a sweet soundtrack, and that's all I'm looking for tonight.

You're telling me you didn't think Walk Hard wasn't one of the funniest movies ever? Same with Step Brothers and Talledega Nights? Or Pineapple Express? Or Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Or Knocked Up? Or Superbad? He has made some shitty ones like Zohan, Year One, and Funny People but the rest of his movies are just genius.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

You're telling me you didn't think Walk Hard wasn't one of the funniest movies ever? Same with Step Brothers and Talledega Nights? Or Pineapple Express? Or Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Or Knocked Up? Or Superbad? He has made some shitty ones like Zohan, Year One, and Funny People but the rest of his movies are just genius.

Step Brothers was pretty good, Talledega Nights was okay. The rest suck. I never saw Walk Hard because it looked absolutely retarded and I never got around to seeing Knocked Up. Again, just didn't look that funny. Superbad was one of the worst movies ever. Absolutely stupid.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Superbad was funny as hell. Walk Hard was genius. John C. Reilly was just awesome in that movie and someone needed to do a good parody of Ray and Walk the Line. It was stupid but pretty much every comedy is.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i still haven't be able to see it, the movie hasn't made it to where i live :(

newBookmarkLockedFalling